Is AlpineZone Over-moderated? - Page 7

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 22.41%
  • No

45 77.59%
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    i found your analogy inappropriate and derogatory. I reported the abuse to the mod team. I expect full bannage or I'm gonna take my complaint to the owner......
    fu

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    To many it's a community where we wouldn't say something we wouldn't say in person.

Go ahead! Question the rules! But if you were to question the rules in society, wouldn't you do it in a more constructive manner than such has been done on here?
    When was I not constructive? Haven't i debated and laid out what i thought in a constructive manner.. I will attack back when i feel like I'm being laid into... But as afore mentioned by AZ moderator - it's OK to hit back..

I always question rules when they don't make sense or are interpreted badly... i question the skier responsibility code.. I think it's crap...

It's what we Americans do... It's why we are our own country...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Something else i've seen on AZ.... I'm a recent convert to Captain and Coke...
    Try Sailor Jerry rum.

Let's not rehash this in this thread... there was already a thread on this. This is another viewing of the forum as community -vs- anonymous grounds for anarchy. There are rules here for a reason, if none other than a small iota of decency and civility. Decrying those who respect the rules as being childish is ludicrous. Do you obey laws? Do you follow the rules at your place of employment? Do you wear shirts and shoes in restaurants?

To discredit someone else's feelings because they're not in line with your own flippant views on forums is disrespectful.
    Where was there a thread on this and where was it hashed out to begin with?

Regarding your questions, yes, yes, and yes. However, I don't call the cops every time someone speeds past me on the highway, or run to my boss every time a co-worker breaks the rules, or ask to speak with the restaurant manager if I see someone without shoes on. However, some people do. I consider them cry babies and I think there are some of them on this site. I am not against rules, I simply think some people need to take a deep breath and not take everything so seriously. Life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    When was I not constructive? Haven't i debated and laid out what i thought in a constructive manner.. I will attack back when i feel like I'm being laid into... But as afore mentioned by AZ moderator - it's OK to hit back..

I always question rules when they don't make sense or are interpreted badly... i question the skier responsibility code.. I think it's crap...

It's what we Americans do... It's why we are our own country...
    My response was in general, not related to only you. However, I would like to think we've come a little further than 1776 as far as methods go...
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by Riverskier View Post
    Where was there a thread on this and where was it hashed out to begin with?

Regarding your questions, yes, yes, and yes. However, I don't call the cops every time someone speeds past me on the highway, or run to my boss every time a co-worker breaks the rules, or ask to speak with the restaurant manager if I see someone without shoes on. However, some people do. I consider them cry babies and I think there are some of them on this site. I am not against rules, I simply think some people need to take a deep breath and not take everything so seriously. Life is too short.
    Check one of the multitudes of threads that came about when GSS was banned... I'm pretty sure it came up in there with the whole community -vs- anonymity thing.

I think some people need to take a deep breath and consider the impact of the words they choose. Written word is an imperfect medium open to multiple interpretations and in no-way all-encompassing of the feelings intended to be conveyed. We're not all the same and we don't all approach this board from the same mentality. Telling someone, "You're too sensitive! Grow a thicker skin!" won't accomplish anything; there's nothing wrong with expecting a certain level of civility in a community.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

My response was in general, not related to only you. However, I would like to think we've come a little further than 1776 as far as methods go...
    Some would say it's gotten worse... But I believe in the process and questioning rules is ok.. Unless you live in Iran.. Then - not so good...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    fu
    I love you too sweety!

i once posted to the ski forum that the rainy weather was putting a damper on my ski jones'n.. the gist of my message was about fact that i was bummed out about skiing being ruined and a moderator (won't name him but he apparently likes rum) moved my thread to weather.. is that over-moderation? if so, i want to change my vote.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    i once posted to the ski forum that the rainy weather was putting a damper on my ski jones'n.. the gist of my message was about fact that i was bummed out about skiing being ruined and a moderator (won't name him but he apparently likes rum) moved my thread to weather.. is that over-moderation? if so, i want to change my vote.
    Sorry if I overmoderated you. I don't remember the incident you're referring to, but I'm sure I was right.
    Brian

Thread Information