• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 45 77.6%

• Total voters

dmc

Don't edit it just because of Doug, he's just trying to get a rise out of me. It's gotten to the point where I don't believe half of what he says, since he freely admits that he's "just having fun trying to prove points". It's like the boy who cried wolf.

i was making a point about subjectivity.. Brian... Your rise happens on your own...

And yes i do enjoy debates and stuff... so what? Some people enjoy skiing man made bumps...
So ban me....

dmc

Show how I was defending my wife in that post? Are you really so blinded by your hatred for me that you can't even fully comprehend what I type?

I don't hate anyone except Shortski from the Killington board...

I don't like your accusation of hatred... I find it offensive...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Maybe to you...

Many ski areas are attached to towns... If i live in a town thats affected by the economy and the ski area has a bad rep based upon the past - your damn straight I'm going to fend off attacks... It's my life...

You guys can't see the forest for the trees.. The ski area is the tip of the iceberg...

As someone who has lived in several ski towns, one for the better part of the decade, I most certainly can see the forest for the trees. My marriage / family is FAR more important to me than a place or activity. Sorry, the severity of someone saying Hunter sucks doesn't even come close to messing with a marriage.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
As someone who has lived in several ski towns, one for the better part of the decade, I most certainly can see the forest for the trees. My marriage / family is FAR more important to me than a place or activity. Sorry, the severity of someone saying Hunter sucks doesn't even come close to messing with a marriage.

For God's sake, the freaking guy purchased a house in Hunter out of love for it!

bvibert

Staff member
i was making a point about subjectivity.. Brian... Your rise happens on your own...

And yes i do enjoy debates and stuff... so what? Some people enjoy skiing man made bumps...
So ban me....

Don't insult me Doug, I know what you were doing.

Debates are fine, just be prepared to take what you dish out.

dmc

So let that stand now as the opinion of the whole board cased upon YOUR subjective decision....

DMC defending his town is NOT more important then someone saying something about someones wife.. Please add it to the bylaws...

thank you for clearing it all up..

deadheadskier

Staff member
So let that stand now as the opinion of the whole board cased upon YOUR subjective decision....

DMC defending his town is NOT more important then someone saying something about someones wife.. Please add it to the bylaws...

thank you for clearing it all up..

I'll bring it up with the governing board....:rolleyes:

While I am it, would you like to submit a motion on how Alpinezone members should hang their toilet paper, whether they should fold or crumple.........at what point does your crusade end? As far as I can tell its without limit. Must be exhausting......

bvibert

Staff member
I made a post to your wife... You responded and said BULLSHIT to me...

http://forums.alpinezone.com/477256-post101.html

i'm here... I'm taking it from all sides(Mod and their wives, People from Connecticut)... and I haven't back down from the dishing..

You made a post saying that the moderation here was influenced by her relationship with me, to that I said bullshit. That is defending me, the mod team, and our decisions.

You may not have backed down, but you also haven't made many valid points, except for maybe why Hunter is important to you... Which we all get Doug.

dmc

You may not have backed down, but you also haven't made many valid points, except for maybe why Hunter is important to you... Which we all get Doug.

I think I've shown that deeper subjectivity exists then you'd care to admit...

Whats important to one person is not as important to another...

and that people from Connecticut generally hate my guts...

dmc

I'll bring it up with the governing board....:rolleyes:

While I am it, would you like to submit a motion on how Alpinezone members should hang their toilet paper, whether they should fold or crumple.........at what point does your crusade end? As far as I can tell its without limit. Must be exhausting......

how dare you compare the health of my town to folding toilette paper..
I find this offensive...

bvibert

Staff member
i'm here... I'm taking it from all sides(Mod and their wives, People from Connecticut)... and I haven't back down from the dishing..

BTW, don't play the martyr. You brought this on yourself by continually prodding and attacking me and the moderation here. And you're loving every minute of it.

Your claim about having fun trying to prove a point is bullshit too, you're having fun attacking other people. You must be so proud of yourself.

dmc

BTW, don't play the martyr. You brought this on yourself by continually prodding and attacking me and the moderation here. And you're loving every minute of it.

Your claim about having fun trying to prove a point is bullshit too, you're having fun attacking other people. You must be so proud of yourself.

i was only showing that I can take it... i haven't run away...

I'm not attacking anyone... You gotta learn to chill out brah...
I've been pointing out subjectivity...

sorry if you don't like it... really..

If you/Brian tells me to stop this thread - I will back down... and never say another word..

Grassi21

i think i've shown that deeper subjectivity exists then you'd care to admit...

And that people from connecticut generally hate my guts...

please stop lumping everyone in ct together

bvibert

Staff member
I think I've shown that deeper subjectivity exists then you'd care to admit...

and that people from Connecticut generally hate my guts...

Maybe in your mind you've proven any of that, but not in reality.

All you've proven to me is that you continue to hate me (even though last night you claimed you wanted to have a beer with me :roll:) and that you continue to be a self absorbed tool who cares about no one but himself and his town. Nice work 'proving a point'.

I don't hate you, but I find you extremely irritating. If people from CT really do hate your guts maybe there's a reason for it, think about it.

dmc

Maybe in your mind you've proven any of that, but not in reality.

All you've proven to me is that you continue to hate me (even though last night you claimed you wanted to have a beer with me :roll:) and that you continue to be a self absorbed tool who cares about no one but himself and his town. Nice work 'proving a point'.

I don't hate you, but I find you extremely irritating. If people from CT really do hate your guts maybe there's a reason for it, think about it.

Did you just call me a tool?

Wow... I find that offensive...

Tell me to stop and I will...

bvibert

Staff member
i was only showing that I can take it... i haven't run away...

I'm not attacking anyone... You gotta learn to chill out brah...
I've been pointing out subjectivity...

sorry if you don't like it... really..

If you/Brian tells me to stop this thread - I will back down... and never say another word..

Dude, stop with the stupid games. I'm not that stupid.

I'm glad you're having a fun time at my expense, I'm not going to tell you to stop. I do have an actual job to attend to however, so I need to stop feeding the trolls.