Is AlpineZone Over-moderated? - Page 8

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 22.41%
  • No

45 77.59%
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Overmoderated...no
    Inconsistently moderated...at times yes. But it doesn't bother me...it seems to weed out the stuff I dislike.

I can't wait for ski season to start. Today has been mighty cranky on here and like a bad car crash I was unable to look away. Sure wish I could.

No.

In reference to inconsistency, I think the message that may send to suggest AZ is inconsistently moderated is that more moderation is needed so it is more consistent. It is far easier to be more consistent when being heavy handed than when trying to give people the benefit of the doubt.... perhaps someone at one point got the benefit of the doubt while someone else did not. That suggests "to be fair" and consistent that there should be more moderation rather than less.

Personally, I think everything is well moderated.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Brian prefers rum. In ludicrous quantities.
    If I'm gonna drink, why mess around?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I said something about raising kids once to Greg and got schooled - since I dont have them... I'm sure he agrees with you..
    Indeed. I remember that. We've certainly evolved, no?

Anyway, I do value yours and others' feedback. If we didn't moderate at all, we'd have Andy's site, and something about a site full of members that get excited about cartoon boobies disturbs me. I certainly don't want to moderate more than we do since I'm pretty open to people speaking their mind as long as it's in a in a civil way. Despite popular belief, very little actually offends me personally. I just try to structure things for what I believe is the overall greater good of the community. So at the end of the day, we're stuck floating in this limbo of semi-active moderation. And you know, so far it's be working okay...
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Indeed. I remember that. We've certainly evolved, no?

Anyway, I do value yours and others' feedback. If we didn't moderate at all, we'd have Andy's site, and something about a site full of members that get excited about cartoon boobies disturbs me. I certainly don't want to moderate more than we do since I'm pretty open to people speaking their mind as long as it's in a in a civil way. Despite popular belief, very little actually offends me personally. I just try to structure things for what I believe is the overall greater good of the community. So at the end of the day, we're stuck floating in this limbo of semi-active moderation. And you know, so far it's be working okay...
    He said boobies.

I know I'm still new here and I think I missed the thread in question but I'll still offer my two cents. From what I've seen with lurking, moderation seems to be done pretty well here for the most part. I also think that most people who post here are respectful of other's, and IMO that's 90% of the battle there. I didn't sign up for TGR because the atmosphere there is terribly uninviting I think after reading it. Here, it feels a little more mature and accessible. Really, I would prefer to see moderation and lots of it if it keeps this place from turning into a swear fest etc. like TGR.

I think there are a number of people who have an excessive whining problem. Seriously, the number of posts that go on that are just he said, she said, you said, no I didn't I said, no you said, blah blah blah blah blah blah GROW THE F%^K UP ALREADY. Seriously, some of you need to give it a friggin rest already and go complain to city hall or start your own personal bitchfest blog. Somebody call the waaambulance, this isn't the psychiatry zone.
    No, not overmoderated, just too much pissing and moaning. save your keystrokes for something constructive.
    or funny.
    Last edited by eastcoastpowderhound; Nov 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM.
    embrace your inner saucer boy!

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Sorry if I overmoderated you.
    apology accepted. hug??
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10