• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 45 77.6%

• Total voters

dmc

Im really pissed that you called me a name(tool) and had to drag this discussion down like that Brian..

I've reported you to the moderators... :)

dmc

Dude, stop with the stupid games. I'm not that stupid.

I'm glad you're having a fun time at my expense, I'm not going to tell you to stop. I do have an actual job to attend to however, so I need to stop feeding the trolls.

you called me a tool...

Thats not cool.. It's offensive...

I plan on not working until next year..

bvibert

Staff member
Im really pissed that you called me a name(tool) and had to drag this discussion down like that Brian..

I've reported you to the moderators... :)

Okay, one more post...

Congratulations on zeroing in on one word and whining about it like a little kid, exactly like I knew you would when I typed it. Nice work.

dmc

Okay, one more post...

Congratulations on zeroing in on one word and whining about it like a little kid, exactly like I knew you would when I typed it. Nice work.

i was just pointing out your subjectivity..

If YOU knew that your post would make me mad - then why did you post it?

thats the trolling.. And you know it..

I believe you should talk to yourself about calling people names and trolling... Both bad AZ offenses...

bvibert

Staff member
i was just pointing out your subjectivity..

If YOU knew that your post would make me mad - then why did you post it?

thats the trolling.. And you know it..

I believe you should talk to yourself about calling people names and trolling... Both bad AZ offenses...

Sucks when someone says something just to get a rise out of you, doesn't it? Which is exactly my point, thanks for proving it further.

BTW, nice touch putting it in your signature. Fight the power!

dmc

Sucks when someone says something just to get a rise out of you, doesn't it? Which is exactly my point, thanks for proving it further.

BTW, nice touch putting it in your signature. Fight the power!

Doesn't suck for me...

Your point doesn't mean anything to me..

You just can't admit that your moderation is subjective and if your on the wrong side your get overly moderated...

bvibert

Staff member
Doesn't suck for me...

Your point doesn't mean anything to me..

You just can't admit that your moderation is subjective and if your on the wrong side your get overly moderated...

So that's why you're whining about it, and reporting posts, sure seems like it doesn't mean anything to you. :roll:

I won't admit that because it's not true. I'm sorry you feel that way, but that's life. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Nice chat Doug, next time bring your A game.

I really have some work to get done.

Have a good day.

dmc

So that's why you're whining about it, and reporting posts, sure seems like it doesn't mean anything to you. :roll:

I won't admit that because it's not true. I'm sorry you feel that way, but that's life. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Nice chat Doug, next time bring your A game.

I really have some work to get done.

Have a good day.

haha... I reported the post because I knew you'd see it... I'm not stupid.. But I'm sure you'll accuse me of that too...

We can add it to trolling and name calling... Which apparently is OK for a moderator to do but not GSS...

Madroch

Moderating is discretionary because it has to be-- unless you want to try and imagine every concievable possibly offensive utterance or violation and list them (e.g comparing concern for someone's home town to concern for rolling up toilet paper). I don't know a single interested person (as opposed to completely disinterested person) who can excercise discretion completely objectively. The mods here are not disinterested as they share an interest in the forum and the continued growth and prosperity of the board. For interested persons, it is all about the effort to be objective, which I think most mods here make, or at least appear to. I admit I have not followed their activities very closely, but that is because I have not to date been impacted by such decisions.

bvibert

Staff member
haha... I reported the post because I knew you'd see it... I'm not stupid.. But I'm sure you'll accuse me of that too...

We can add it to trolling and name calling... Which apparently is OK for a moderator to do but not GSS...

I didn't call you stupid, don't put words in my mouth.

I posted what I did in this thread to show you what it's like to interact with you. You played along nicely thanks. How many times have you resorted to name calling when you get bored with one of your "debates"?

If we banned everyone for the slightest bit of trolling and name calling you and many of the other members here would have been gone long ago. Once again there's levels of severity, as well as frequency of occurrence at play here Doug, for everyone, including me. Yes, even I have been warned to watch myself in the past.

The world is not black and white as you seem to want it to be.

dmc

The world is not black and white as you seem to want it to be.

I'm pointing out that very fact...

I resort to name calling when someone disrespects me... Plain and simple.. I think I've been very civil in this thread against your trolling, insults and name calling.

It's easy for you cause you set the levels.. so you can do whatever you want..

GSS however... not so much...

Puck it

You are just annoying... I don't hate you...

You gotta do something really bad for me to toss the hate thing out...

The story of the pot meeting the kettle.

fstdt-pot-kettle3.jpg

Only to you!!!!!!

dmc

Are you posting that as good news, or are you trying to start a Killington debate instead? ;)

I woke up to snow this morning... it's gone.. I blame the moderators... :)