• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sessions solo ride 11/6

yesmandroc

Something about today was just beautiful. As my first season riding nears an end (for me; don't know how much I'll ride in the winter) I find myself riding the stuff I started out with in May. I feel good about my progress. Today I did:

Sessions-B street-truck trail-Hinman-Johnnycake-Apple Orchards

From here I went looking for stuff near the corner where Scoville turns into West Chippens. A couple people have told me about it. No Luck. So...

Little Tykes-Scoville Twisties-Jug-a-lug-truck trail-B Street-Sessions Parking.

Lost my odometer at Middlesex about a month ago, but probably about 10 miles?

Saw a pretty big buck right when I got into the woods from the parking lot. Tried to get a picture on my phone, but he didn't stick around very long. He was pretty close, though.

Hinman had a great ambiance to it. The wind blowing the old trees around made a loud, creepy creaking noise. Classic New English forest feel.

WoodCore

Nice! Sounds like a great rip! I've been off the bike all week and so looking forward to a few healthy rides over the weekend. How's everything riding? Dry?

yesmandroc

Nice! Sounds like a great rip! I've been off the bike all week and so looking forward to a few healthy rides over the weekend. How's everything riding? Dry?

Yeah, pretty dry. There are the parts that are seemingly always wet, but generally pretty nice. The leaves make my back tire spin out when climbing, but only here and there. And I think that has more to do with my limited climbing ability. Anyway I think the weekend's going to be really nice.