Server Upgrade - Midnight, November 7 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    *kicks tires*

not too shabby

I love that new server smell.

it's zippy.
    What's a "virtual" private server? Is this marketing speak for another form of shared server?

How'd you nail down the DOS attack of bandwidth hoggers stealing your photos?
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Greg, I have my PM's set that I get an email when I receive a new PM, the system does not seem to be sending the email. Might want to look into it when you have a chance.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    it's zippy.
    What's a "virtual" private server? Is this marketing speak for another form of shared server?

How'd you nail down the DOS attack of bandwidth hoggers stealing your photos?
    a virtual server is one big server that gets chopped up into multiple "virtual" servers. Kinda like VMware. We use them all the time at work. Nice stuff.
    Wait Till Next Year!!!

Items for Sale
    Very responsive, nice work Greg.
    SteveD

For the past couple of days I have not been able to access the forum section of this site from work. I get the same error message about a "forbidden server" we've all been getting lately when the forum is down. However I haven't had the same problem with my home computer. Anyone know why this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    For the past couple of days I have not been able to access the forum section of this site from work. I get the same error message about a "forbidden server" we've all been getting lately when the forum is down. However I haven't had the same problem with my home computer. Anyone know why this is?
    try to clear your browser cache. there is another thread on this.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    try to clear your browser cache. there is another thread on this.
    Thanks, I'll check that out.

I'm having that issue with my crackberry. Any advice on how to clear cash on a mobile device?

(Sorry, I couldn't find the other thread.)

EDIT: figured out how to clear cache, still no mobile AZ.
    Last edited by Harvey; Nov 13, 2009 at 8:16 PM.

Thread Information