• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Server Upgrade - Midnight, November 7

Greg

Staff member
I'm scheduling a site migration from a semi-dedicated server to our own shiny new virtual private server in a few hours. I'm not sure whether the site will drop for long or not. Hopefully, by the morning we'll be up and running on a new speedy server.

Greg

Staff member
We're still on the old server. Checking progress now...

Greg

Staff member
Welcome to the new server! I think we might have lost a few hours of posts from early yesterday afternoon unfortunately. There were two AZs floating around the interwebz for a while. :lol: Anyway, hopefully, things seem zippy now.

vcunning

Welcome to the new server! I think we might have lost a few hours of posts from early yesterday afternoon unfortunately. There were two AZs floating around the interwebz for a while. :lol: Anyway, hopefully, things seem zippy now.

Nice work Greg. These screens are popping up incredibly fast now.

Greg

Staff member
Nice work Greg. These screens are popping up incredibly fast now.

Cool. I would hope so at 5:15 in the morning! :razz: Seriously, should be interesting to see how it performs under higher load. So far so good.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
it's zippy.
What's a "virtual" private server? Is this marketing speak for another form of shared server?

How'd you nail down the DOS attack of bandwidth hoggers stealing your photos?

o3jeff

Greg, I have my PM's set that I get an email when I receive a new PM, the system does not seem to be sending the email. Might want to look into it when you have a chance.

SkiDork

it's zippy.
What's a "virtual" private server? Is this marketing speak for another form of shared server?

How'd you nail down the DOS attack of bandwidth hoggers stealing your photos?

a virtual server is one big server that gets chopped up into multiple "virtual" servers. Kinda like VMware. We use them all the time at work. Nice stuff.

Edd

For the past couple of days I have not been able to access the forum section of this site from work. I get the same error message about a "forbidden server" we've all been getting lately when the forum is down. However I haven't had the same problem with my home computer. Anyone know why this is?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
For the past couple of days I have not been able to access the forum section of this site from work. I get the same error message about a "forbidden server" we've all been getting lately when the forum is down. However I haven't had the same problem with my home computer. Anyone know why this is?
try to clear your browser cache. there is another thread on this.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
I'm having that issue with my crackberry. Any advice on how to clear cash on a mobile device?

(Sorry, I couldn't find the other thread.)

EDIT: figured out how to clear cache, still no mobile AZ. :(

Last edited: