Anybody else getting error since the server switch? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Items for Sale
    If you've upgraded Firefox? I've noticed several upgrades in add-ons needed....ie a few tweaks/customizing in Adblock's upgrades? for example. Adblock PLUS didn't have simple-handsoff defaults...wouldn't accept links 2 levels down into more than a few websites..needed checking to fix...fwiw
    $.01
    Last edited by bigbog; Nov 10, 2009 at 9:30 AM.
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    URL: [/I]http://alpinezone.com/[I] (75.125.255.120)
    I was initially thinking it might be a dns issue, but you're resolving to the right IP (75.125.255.120). Maybe they blocked something else that is also in the same range?
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I was initially thinking it might be a dns issue, but you're resolving to the right IP (75.125.255.120). Maybe they blocked something else that is also in the same range?
    That is what I am thinking. When Epicski switched to their new site. It became blocked. Now with the server change AZ is blocked. I would like to understand how the blocking software works and what it looks for. The problem is AZ comes in as an entertainment site and the getway software blocks all entertainment sites. If it comes through as a sports site then I can just click through using the coaching button.

Anybody know what the blocking software is looking for?
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Gateway is blocking the request for the address...
    An address is an IP number that resolves to a name(www.abcd.com)

Nothing you can do about it.. Your use of Alpine Zone has been tracked blocked by the gateway...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Gateway is blocking the request for the address...
    An address is an IP number that resolves to a name(www.abcd.com)

Nothing you can do about it.. Your use of Alpine Zone has been tracked blocked by the gateway...

How does it determine what type of site it is from an IP address number? This is what I don't get. One day the site is fine then the next it is blocked as an entertainment site.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    How does it determine what type of site it is from an IP address number? This is what I don't get. One day the site is fine then the next it is blocked as an entertainment site.
    Mcafee generates and distributes a list of websites like it does for virus definitions...
    The list is also added to by administrators that monitor usage.

The best way to check usage is to start with checking number of requests..
    If you hit AZ 1000 times a day - it's going to be noticed...
    A good admin will then log into AZ - see what it is and either allow of deny..

Apparently - you've been denied... I'd send some bagels to the IT Security guy... stat...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

i wasn't able to log in for a couple of weeks! but, i'm BAAAAAAACK.

happy day!

i like the new smilie, too!!

Thread Information