• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Iceman's new skis

SkiDork

xposted on mogulskiing and KZone...

Got him his very 1st pair of adult bumps skis at Forerunner Sat night.

Hart F17 classic in a 157 with Rossi FKS 120 turntable bindings.

Unfortunately he was sick on Sunday and didn't get a chance to try them out on Rime (would have been perfect with the bumps they had)

Hopefully either this or next weekend to christen them...

Last edited:

Trekchick

xposted on mogulskiing and KZone...

Got him his very 1st pair of adult bumps skis at Forerunner Sat night.

Hart F17 classic in a 157 with Rossi FKS 120 turntable bindings.

Unfortunately he was sick on Sunday and didn't get a chance to try them out on Rime (would have been perfect with the bumps they had)

Hopefully either this or next weekend to christen them...

Sweet Set up!
1000x640px-LL-008.JPG

Madroch

So jealous-- when I get to your son's level I will shell out the dough.... err, gives me plenty of time to save.

SkiDork

BTW, thats him on the left in the pic (he didn't want anyone to think he was the girl with the Harts, although those are the exact skis we got him...)

And the coach in the right is Justin Filskov, an amazing mogul competitior. He almost made it to the US team... Had to bow out due to financial issues.

SkiDork

Nice set up!!! Does he go to KMS???

He's in 7th grade, and currently is not going to KMS. They've already asked us if we could send him there, but at this point I'm unable to afford the tuition. I'd like for him to experience it at least 1 year, we'll see what the future holds. Now he's just gonna have to stick with the KSC A team 3 day program.

deadheadskier

Staff member
When I was 15, I was invited to explore KMS by some of the coaches after I did very well in a USSA event at Killington. Folks said no way and not because of the money. Their concern was me not being well rounded and if I got injured, what direction would I go in. As (bad) fate would have it, I hurt myself skiing my Senior year, missed the entire season from 1/4 on. I was resentful of my parents to that moment.

SkiDork

When I was 15, I was invited to explore KMS by some of the coaches after I did very well in a USSA event at Killington. Folks said no way and not because of the money. Their concern was me not being well rounded and if I got injured, what direction would I go in. As (bad) fate would have it, I hurt myself skiing my Senior year, missed the entire season from 1/4 on. I was resentful of my parents to that moment.

in terms of education, I think it's a decent place to attend, especially for someone like John who I think would benefit greatly from the 1 on 1 teaching. AFA well-rounded, its pretty much just winter sports oriented, albeit 5 months instead of just 3 or so. You still have the football season (sept and oct) and the baseball season (april and beyond) for your other 2 sports if thats what you're referring to. Or maybe I'm missing your point on that one. For me, the price is just so high it seems unattainable.

SkiDork

He got to use them for the 1st time this weekend. At first he said "they're BIG" but his coaches gave him some tips that helped him adapt to the extra 20CM quickly, and by yesterday afternoon he absolutely loved them and the coach said they're already helping his skiing. he says they're a lot more stable in the bumps and much faster as well. Now he's gotta get used to spinning with them.

He got some pretty good scratches in them due to the sketchy lower part of K (middle Chute and lower Bunny) but no core shots.

Here he is (on the right) prior to trying them out for the 1st time.

deadheadskier

Staff member
in terms of education, I think it's a decent place to attend, especially for someone like John who I think would benefit greatly from the 1 on 1 teaching. AFA well-rounded, its pretty much just winter sports oriented, albeit 5 months instead of just 3 or so. You still have the football season (sept and oct) and the baseball season (april and beyond) for your other 2 sports if thats what you're referring to. Or maybe I'm missing your point on that one. For me, the price is just so high it seems unattainable.

mainly education. They didn't and I don't necessarily feel that 'sports' academies are the best choice for education even if it is a solid one on one program. The focus in many kids minds still becomes sports with school being secondary. Maybe your son was different, but in High School I never did well in school winter semester because I was focused on skiing. That would only be more the case had I gone to KMS. When an injury takes that away the sport, having a solid foundation to fall back on is important.

SkiDork

Yeah - thanks Phil. Some guys on the mogul skiing forums have already said he's not really turning too well, which is pretty apparent. I think the coaches thought is to work on turns this season and use those as the tool. I appreciate any and all feedback good and bad