• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Going Rate for Binding Mount and Check

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Ok, I caved and bought a diamond stone over the weekend, thanks for you help skidmarks! Now I just need to actually use it. ;) I also bought a new block of wax to use on my skis. :-o
AND he waxed a pair of skis I just sold! :D I did not, however, allow him to mount the bindings on my new skis. ;)

wa-loaf

Ok, I caved and bought a diamond stone over the weekend, thanks for you help skidmarks! Now I just need to actually use it. ;) I also bought a new block of wax to use on my skis. :-o

Wow, it's going to be a good winter because hell just froze over! :p

where the hell is the thumbs up emoticon when you need it? ahh, there it is...but it could use another one.

WJenness

ecph,

Here's a few more for you:

icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

-w

bvibert

Staff member
They do come with a paper template. I'm assuming he used that.

I figured that he didn't freehand it by eye... You still need to be careful that the bit doesn't wander and that you're perpendicular to the ski.

Hawkshot99

And this coming from a shop guy, interesting...

I'm assuming these were on your personal skis?

These were not my personal skis. I mounted Dukes on my skis last year by hand. These were the skiis of a friend.

I figured that he didn't freehand it by eye... You still need to be careful that the bit doesn't wander and that you're perpendicular to the ski.

I used the paper template that came with them, and if you take your time and do it correct the bit will not wander, and the paper will be perfectly placed.
I made sure everything was perfect before doing anything permanent, took just under a hour.

HD333

At Gunstock:

Binding Mount for my skis (not bought there) $10

Binding check/adjust for my wife's new boots - free

And I thought I was going to have to shell out 40 plus....