• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kid backpack

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
we always made the kids carry at least _some_ of their stuff... Usually skis and poles. More if they could handle it...

Sev - how old are the 2 kids?
My daughter is 4 and son is 2. Have to be 4 to get lessons at Sundown (unless you want to pay for a private parent & tot lessons but it's $$$).

SkiDork

My daughter is 4 and son is 2. Have to be 4 to get lessons at Sundown (unless you want to pay for a private parent & tot lessons but it's $$$).

those are both great ages.

2 was awesome magic carpet at Killington, too bad they don't have something like that at Sundown. Can only lug them up yourself I guess...

I found 3 to be the very best leash age. You'll see, 4 they're already too old for the leash. This will be a breakout year for your daughter no doubt.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
those are both great ages.

2 was awesome magic carpet at Killington, too bad they don't have something like that at Sundown. Can only lug them up yourself I guess...

I found 3 to be the very best leash age. You'll see, 4 they're already too old for the leash. This will be a breakout year for your daughter no doubt.
They have a magic carpet at Sundown. Mags was on it last year and Ethan will be on it this year. :D Just no "formal" lessons for him.

Madroch

Madroch...dont know how old your kids are, but here is how we do it....transpack on...skis over sholder (with ski straps on tip and even tail) will prevent the skis from scissoring and falling apart, poles in the other hand...my 7yr old carries all her gear that way..

They are 7 and 8- both carry skis with straps, and poles in other hand. The straps actually greatly resolved the dropping thing problem- as scissoring skis was often the death knell of the organized hike to the lodge. I am hoping that this year-- with them being a year older- they can carry everything. Will get them the smaller transpacks and see how we do.

as to mini AZers- son is blooming mogul buff (until tired, than they are "boring"), daughter likes to cruise (she is yakking about racing some day-- we shall see). I am just happy they both seem to enjoy it.

Madroch

7 and 8, they can def carry their own stuff.....

I agree. When they whined about carrying skis/pole last year (6&7), I simply said, okay, you can sit in the lodge and I'll ski-- that seemed to work. Now, just need to add the backpacks this year and we have a winner.