• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good cheap lodging at Sugarbush 12/24?

nrthest

The xmas $5.50 at Sugarbush looks too good to pass up.
Hope it won't be a zoo. Going to drive up and stay overnight christmas eve.
Looking for good suggestions for clean/cheap hotel or Inn from those that have been/stayed there. No frills required, just a clean/safe place.

Thanks,
-Steve (aka Nrthest)

J

jlangdale

Christmass day shouldn't be a zoo. I was there last year on Christmass. The cheap ticket is a great idea for those in the area that want to get a few turns in in the midst of all the other stuff going on that day.

nrthest

Argh -- F@#!NG rain....

Prediction of rain 12/25 at sugarbush.. going into a holding pattern to see if the weather will be looking any better before going on that ~4.5hr trek..

Greg

Staff member
nrthest said:
Prediction of rain 12/25 at sugarbush.. going into a holding pattern to see if the weather will be looking any better before going on that ~4.5hr trek..
Easy. That's a week away. Rarely does a forecast 7 days out stick exactly, especially in the winter...

O

oldhippie

Hancock Hotel

There is a small restaurant and hotel, not fancy at all, good food, and I'm not sure about the rooms, at the corner of Rt 100 and Rt 125. It's called the Hancock Hotel and it has an eclectic clientel of bikers in the summer, (motorcycle and pedal) and skiers in the winter. Across the street is "The Sweet Onion Inn", which is a Vegetarian Inn.

Give them a call. The Sweet Onion Inn looks cool, but I'm a meat eater.
http://www.sweetonioninn.com/menusampler3.html

Here's a great site for learning about Vermont.
http://www.letmeshowyouvermont.com/Vt100int.htm

Hope I'm not in trouble by suggesting lodging that doesn't advertise on this site. Some of those places are a little upscale for my tastes.. I'd rather spend the big bucks on gear, all I need is a clean room within driving distance of the ski areas. 8)

Greg

Staff member
Re: Hancock Hotel

oldhippie said:
Hope I'm not in trouble by suggesting lodging that doesn't advertise on this site. Some of those places are a little upscale for my tastes.. I'd rather spend the big bucks on gear, all I need is a clean room within driving distance of the ski areas. 8)
No...not at all. If your suggestions are helpful, then that's all that really matters; not whether I get a commission or not. However, there are some 'budget' places here:

http://lodging.alpinezone.com/warren_vt.htm

e.g. Sugar Lodge, Pepper's Lodge, Golden Lion Riverside Inn, Golden Lion Riverside Inn, etc...