• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who actually has the Most Powerful Snowmaking System?

Funky_Catskills

That is the rational behind the upgrades.

Is it?
I was talking to Russ in the bagel shop the other morning... He was going on about all of it.. I was really beat and really just wanted coffee...

I told him it was an end of an era..
I abandoned my season locker and didn't buy a season pass for the first time in like 25 years..

Taking on a job thats going to get me traveling again.. Lots of west coast...

JimG.

Staff member
Is it?
I was talking to Russ in the bagel shop the other morning... He was going on about all of it.. I was really beat and really just wanted coffee...

I told him it was an end of an era..
I abandoned my season locker and didn't buy a season pass for the first time in like 25 years..

Taking on a job thats going to get me traveling again.. Lots of west coast...

This I what I heard. I also abandoned my locker of 25 years and bought a 3 in 1 pass for the NYS areas.

But I also have a 6 day season pass (weekdays and Sundays no Saturdays or holidays) at Hunter.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
ULLR

479px-Manuscript_Ullr.jpg

Nice skis, huh? :)
Seriously? If we're relying on this guy ^ We're all in trouble. He looks like a total incompetent.

Funky_Catskills

This I what I heard. I also abandoned my locker of 25 years and bought a 3 in 1 pass for the NYS areas.

But I also have a 6 day season pass (weekdays and Sundays no Saturdays or holidays) at Hunter.

You'll see me more at Plattekill and maybe further up north this winter.. :)

I got a Big Lift Super Saver Card .... And I can supplement a day here and there with the kindness of friends that work there... :)
I've never called in favors... i may this year.. haha

JimG.

Staff member

I got a Big Lift Super Saver Card .... And I can supplement a day here and there with the kindness of friends that work there... :)
I've never called in favors... i may this year.. haha

Thought about Big Lift card but I will ski Hunter enough to more than pay for 6 day pass.

I need to move around more and ski a lot of areas. Did more of that last season and liked it.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com

FunkyC ... would like to get a chance to ride with you at Plattekill. Tradition is I buy beers on my birthday Jan 8... show up then, or maybe we'll see each other some other time. Regardless, have a great season where ever you end up.

Last edited:

steamboat1

FunkyC ... would like to get a chance to ride with you at Plattekill. Tradition is I buy beers on my birthday (Jan 8)... show up then, or maybe we'll see each other some other time. Regardless, have a great season where ever you end up.
$20 tickets to the 1st 50 skiers/riders on the 8th.

Funky_Catskills

FunkyC ... would like to get a chance to ride with you at Plattekill. Tradition is I buy beers on my birthday Jan 8... show up then, or maybe we'll see each other some other time. Regardless, have a great season where ever you end up.

I think thats a firm possibility.. :)
I hope to ride a lot more this winter.. And not having a Season pass this year opens things up a bit..