• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PX 12 Lifter or Head/Ty LD12 on 8000's

air0rmc

Intermediate ,42yrs 160lbs ,60/40 on off piste intended .Never ski'd on the legends before....? Shop says heel on PX12 is a PITA ,I'm not concerned about the additional one year warranty with using Look/Rossi/Dynastar

Last edited:

Puck it

Intermediate ,42yrs 160lbs ,60/40 on off piste intended .Never ski'd on the legends before....? Shop says heel on PX12 is a PITA ,I'm not concerned about the additional one year warranty with using Look/Rossi/Dynastar

Flat or RailFlex LD12's?

Puck it

I would say flat. I have had both. I have problems with Railflexes on wider skis(105mm under) but they were fine others. I prefer the flat now on midfats.

Puck it

I'm not sure if the have the LD12 RF

They did. I still have one and sold the other.

110125-med.jpg

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
P12s on my 8000s and PX12s on my Atuas. Great bindings. Your shop has no clue if they think the heel on the PX12 is a PITA. They probably just miss the turn table (which is being brought back in a higher DIN binding this year, as I recall). That decision to dismiss the turntable heel pissed a lot of people off. Made no difference to me.

By the way, why the heck a lifter? You are on the wrong ski if you want to rip groomers. And I assume your 60/40 "on/off piste" means that you plan on skiing non-groomers a significant amount of time. No reason for a lifter, IMO, unless you are ripping groomers and are looking for that "extra edge".

Hawkshot99

PX 12 all of the way. Rossi Axial/ Dynatar PX are some of the most reliable testing bindings on the market. I will not say the same for any Tyrolia.

air0rmc

P12s on my 8000s and PX12s on my Atuas. Great bindings. Your shop has no clue if they think the heel on the PX12 is a PITA. They probably just miss the turn table (which is being brought back in a higher DIN binding this year, as I recall). That decision to dismiss the turntable heel pissed a lot of people off. Made no difference to me.

By the way, why the heck a lifter? You are on the wrong ski if you want to rip groomers. And I assume your 60/40 "on/off piste" means that you plan on skiing non-groomers a significant amount of time. No reason for a lifter, IMO, unless you are ripping groomers and are looking for that "extra edge".

Thanks for the replie's folks .Last year I found myself skiing ungroomed snow and woods alot .It was fun but I was on the wrong skis (elan Speedwave 8) .I got a good deal on the Legends ,and the shop recommended them for the whole mnt.and spring conditions ,even at my level ,5-6sh maybe .So my plan is too ditch the elans and just use this for skiing groomers w/wife and kids ,and breaking away for some fun when I can .Will I be disappointed with the 09 L8k...?Thanks again

tjf67

Go with whatever is cheaper. All they do is hold your feet to the skiis.

Puck it

Thanks for the replie's folks .Last year I found myself skiing ungroomed snow and woods alot .It was fun but I was on the wrong skis (elan Speedwave 8) .I got a good deal on the Legends ,and the shop recommended them for the whole mnt.and spring conditions ,even at my level ,5-6sh maybe .So my plan is too ditch the elans and just use this for skiing groomers w/wife and kids ,and breaking away for some fun when I can .Will I be disappointed with the 09 L8k...?Thanks again

Go flat. I have never had any issues with any Tyrolia bindings. I swear by them. Head is easy to deal with on warranty issues also. Either will work, but I say Tyrolia.

Edd

Will I be disappointed with the 09 L8k...?

You'd be hard pressed to find a ski with more positive reviews than the L8Ks. After finally demoing last year I bought a pair pretty quick although I think I went too short. Took them to Utah last Feb. No powder that week but I had an absolute blast on those skis.

Edd

P12s on my 8000s and PX12s on my Atuas........By the way, why the heck a lifter?
Do you think the lifter will bring detriments, like weight perhaps? Also, which PX12s do you have on the Fishers out of curiosity? I have Looks on nearly all of my skis and I'm shopping for a pair for some new skis I just bought. Too many choices...

air0rmc

You'd be hard pressed to find a ski with more positive reviews than the L8Ks. After finally demoing last year I bought a pair pretty quick although I think I went too short. Took them to Utah last Feb. No powder that week but I had an absolute blast on those skis.

Do they ski short ,Edd ?That was another concern I had with this setup .I'm 160lbs most of the time ,but short @ 5' 4" and not super atheletic ,so I got 165s .But it was tempting to go 172s .What are your thoughts on that.......?

Edd

Do they ski short ,Edd ?That was another concern I had with this setup .I'm 160lbs most of the time ,but short @ 5' 4" and not super atheletic ,so I got 165s .But it was tempting to go 172s .What are your thoughts on that.......?

I wouldn't say they ski short. I'm 5' 11" 185 lbs. I've got 3 pairs of Dynastars all 172s but I've gained 15lbs over the last couple of years. I've decided to start going longer with my skis.

I think you're fine with the 165s.

Puck it

165's will fine for you. The will ski fine in threes. I have Icelantic Nomads in 168cm and they are great for powder days in the trees. Go flat. No lifter.

air0rmc

165's will fine for you. The will ski fine in threes. I have Icelantic Nomads in 168cm and they are great for powder days in the trees. Go flat. No lifter.

Too late man ,I just got back from the shop .I went with PX12 lifter wides .By the looks of the pics you guys have under your usernames your skill level requires very precise snow feel and control .I think at my level I will not notice the 1/4" or so of lift ,and if anything it I will benefit on the hard stuff .I hope I'm not disappointed with the ski in general .