• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tiger Woods in Car Crash

wa-loaf

He cheated on this:

elinnordegren.jpg

gallery_enlarged-1202_elin_nordegren_00.jpg

:blink:

drjeff

Latest bad Tiger joke I heard:

What do Tiger and a Baby Seal have in common????

They've both been clubbed by a Norwegian :eek: :rolleyes: :spin:

WJenness

Latest bad Tiger joke I heard:

What do Tiger and a Baby Seal have in common????

They've both been clubbed by a Norwegian :eek: :rolleyes: :spin:

My favorite from today...

What's the difference between a car and a golf ball?

Tiger can drive a golf ball 400 yards...

:lol:

-w

Trekchick

http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200912027740572/news/

None of us knows what the true story is and it's not our business. Regardless, that's a pretty big thing to do. I commend him for acknowledging letting down his family and committing to working toward being a better husband and father. Everybody screws up; but he's owning the situation and making amends. And he deserves privacy.
I agree.
I watch him play because he's a golf god, not a real god, and I get the desire to have some privacy in your life, even if you make your living in the public forum.

I recall when magic Johnson came out with his confession and apology. His life changed in a huge way.
We can hope Tiger brings his life together through all of this.

My favorite from today...

What's the difference between a car and a golf ball?

Tiger can drive a golf ball 400 yards...

:lol:

-w
Good one.

campgottagopee

Yep, he is a role model..... and he had a big hand in doing this himself. Every time he endorses a product, he is putting his reputation on the line, be it fabricated or real. Once somebody goes hawking a product or a message to the media he become part of that circus.

On another note... some of these post are funny :smash:

From the "Round Mound of Rebound"----don't let professional atheletes be role models to your kids

That's all I'm saying

MR. evil

if she leaves him over this she will get $300 million per the pre-nup.......she would be dumb not to leave.

o3jeff

None of us knows what the true story is and it's not our business. Regardless, that's a pretty big thing to do. I commend him for acknowledging letting down his family and committing to working toward being a better husband and father. Everybody screws up; but he's owning the situation and making amends. And he deserves privacy.

Where did his first statement go that was on his website saying there is no truth to the rumors? Screw him, he's just a liar that has no problem making all his money in the public eye when things are good, but as soon as things turn he wants out. If he doesn't want to be in the public eye why did he take on all of the endorsements to begin with? I am sure he could make a good living off just playing the game, might not be able to afford $20 million yachts to name Privacy, but a very livable income

A second woman came out of the wood work today claiming to have an extended affair with Tiger a couple of years ago right around the time his first child was born. She also claims to have proof. I am wondering how long this list will get.

I think they were up to three as of yesterday and I am sure more will soon follow.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
if she leaves him over this she will get $300 million per the pre-nup.......she would be dumb not to leave.

We don't know what happened. We don't know the whole story. And in the end, they have to decide what's best for THEM as a family--what we think and assume are irrelevant, but there is indeed a family. There are things that are more important than money.

I don't understand why people expect those in the limelight to be perfect. Nobody is perfect, so why put them on a pedestal and expect more of them? As was kind of stated already, being put in a position of power and wealth affords a person more opportunities for digressions. That's not to say I expect the worst of people, but I'm also realistic in that all of us have weaknesses that could be amplified in the wrong circumstances. It's what happens afterward that matters most.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Where did his first statement go that was on his website saying there is no truth to the rumors? Screw him, he's just a liar that has no problem making all his money in the public eye when things are good, but as soon as things turn he wants out. If he doesn't want to be in the public eye why did he take on all of the endorsements to begin with? I am sure he could make a good living off just playing the game, might not be able to afford $20 million yachts to name Privacy, but a very livable income
Didn't see this while I was typing. Isn't the first thing a child does when he's done something wrong is deny it? Human nature. Also, I could see that as an attempt at preservation and protection of his family. If you look at the comments on his recent statement, there are all kinds, including people's comments to his wife. Trying to keep the situation quieter would be better for all of them, and I can respect that. IF the accusations are true, they are all going through a lot of emotional turmoil right now.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Didn't see this while I was typing. Isn't the first thing a child does when he's done something wrong is deny it? Human nature. Also, I could see that as an attempt at preservation and protection of his family. If you look at the comments on his recent statement, there are all kinds, including people's comments to his wife. Trying to keep the situation quieter would be better for all of them, and I can respect that. IF the accusations are true, they are all going through a lot of emotional turmoil right now.

I believe there are a number of hi-vis people that are never given the chance to grow up before they hit celebrity - athletes, actors, etc.. They act like babies their whole lives!

Philpug

My fave through this was when someone asked him how he was holding up through this situation, he jsut replied..."I'm laying two..." I guess he is "Laying three now.."

wa-loaf

My fave through this was when someone asked him how he was holding up through this situation, he jsut replied..."I'm laying two..." I guess he is "Laying three now.."

I don't think he's getting any right now. :lol:

Mapnut

Nobody is perfect, so why put them on a pedestal and expect more of them?

I always wanted to like Tiger, and for some reason was always pleased to see him speak modestly and commend his competitors. I've been trying to figure out why, and it's very simple, really. I like to be able to root for someone who wins a lot. I enjoy seeing him make those great shots, and when he does, he wins. I just figured his temper and intensity are part of what makes him the best.

Now that I have reason to dislike him, I'll have to find somebody to root for to beat him, and that's not an encouraging prospect.

SkiDork

He's just upset he got caught, plain and simple. If he wanted privacy, he shouldn't have been screwing around with numerous skanks.

Warp Daddy

Tiger is willfully a public entity, a corporation unto himself . He willfully created the sqeeky clean family man image as a part of his overall endorsement promtion, He willfully participates In THE PUBLIC domain and reaps HUGE benefits as a result -----------------THEREIN lies the difference between what may be considered for teh AVERAGE citizen who encounters this problem versus a slickly packaged and strategically marketed PRODUCT like "Tiger Woods "-----------------------------just sayin