• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tiger Woods in Car Crash

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Trust me, I value faithfulness and trust as well. HOWEVER I recognize the fact that we are all human. When I say we don't know what happened, what I mean is we don't know the inner workings of any of these people's minds, what their relationships really are/were, what they were feeling, what has been influencing them, what their motivations were... It's easy to look at this one-dimensionally--it's quite another thing to live their lives. Neither you nor I know what these people are going through. The matter is being quite over-simplified and it's easy to judge and mete out what you think is proper punishment from the sidelines.

Last edited:

campgottagopee

Here's the thing that bothers me the most......

The media would have us kick this guy to the curb, ooooohhhh bad Tiger, bad, bad boy. You've made gazillions of dollars because you're so popular, such a good athelete, your known all over the world, you're a role model.....how could you do such a thing....blah, blah, blah.....

Mind you, all of these things are true. BUT, what were not hearing about is the gazillions fo dollars Nike, PGA Tour, Wheaties, Titilest, Professional golfers are making off of Tiger. Why do you think Nike pays him 60 mil a year.....can't be because THEY make 250 mil a year off of HIM, is it??? The purses on the PGA Tour are higher than they've ever been....you don't see any PGA players bitching about putting that $$$$ in their pockets. We also haven't heard about the millions and millions of dollars Tiger raises and donates to various charities and foundations---nope not one word.

To me, at the end of the day Tiger effed up, yup he did, but who did he hurt???? IMO, he hurt himself and his family so HE is the one who has to live with that. Not me, you or the media----him, and he'll deal with it. Jesper should shove it up his ass---THAT guy is a douche, not Tiger.

I think we all have friends/family who may have gone thru similar situations----did we kick them to the curb???

drjeff

The media would have us kick this guy to the curb, ooooohhhh bad Tiger, bad, bad boy. You've made gazillions of dollars because you're so popular, such a good athelete, your known all over the world, you're a role model.....how could you do such a thing....blah, blah, blah.....

Mind you, all of these things are true. BUT, what were not hearing about is the gazillions fo dollars Nike, PGA Tour, Wheaties, Titilest, Professional golfers are making off of Tiger. Why do you think Nike pays him 60 mil a year.....can't be because THEY make 250 mil a year off of HIM, is it??? The purses on the PGA Tour are higher than they've ever been....you don't see any PGA players bitching about putting that $$$$ in their pockets. We also haven't heard about the millions and millions of dollars Tiger raises and donates to various charities and foundations---nope not one word.

To me, at the end of the day Tiger effed up, yup he did, but who did he hurt???? IMO, he hurt himself and his family so HE is the one who has to live with that. Not me, you or the media----him, and he'll deal with it. Jesper should shove it up his ass---THAT guy is a douche, not Tiger.

I think we all have friends/family who may have gone thru similar situations----did we kick them to the curb???

+1

Philpug

That is too intelligent to come from a car guy. ;) Bravo. :golf clap:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Still no denying he portrayed himself as something he's not. So I don't see why it's so unnatural for all of us to feel deceived. He was porkin skanks on the side for a long time, covering it up, and only apologizes after he gets caught.

I don't really give two shiats about it one way or the other, but it's not like people don't have any good reason for criticism. And justifying bad behavior by pointing out it's not unique or uncommon is not a great MO, if you ask me.

Warp Daddy

His "role model" days are over. No more photos on Wheaties. Once he buys out everyone, he'll be hawking personal massage products on late night TV!

that and now 80 mill to Elin and more "Mr. Green" to shut up Allred's "client"---------Tiger's er make that Cheetah's Green fees just keep going up . H'mm maybe his putter will stay in the bag for awhile :D

o3jeff

The way he is starting to throw around hush money now is probably going to grab the publics attention even more now cause we all know he is really trying to hide something good. Guy on the radio this morning was saying the reason why all the other golfers were saying to leave Tiger alone when all of this stuff was starting to break is because this is happening all over the PGA, guess we'll have to wait and see.

campgottagopee

Still no denying he portrayed himself as something he's not. So I don't see why it's so unnatural for all of us to feel deceived. He was porkin skanks on the side for a long time, covering it up, and only apologizes after he gets caught.

I don't really give two shiats about it one way or the other, but it's not like people don't have any good reason for criticism. And justifying bad behavior by pointing out it's not unique or uncommon is not a great MO, if you ask me.

I agree with you but what the hell was he spodda do, tell the truth??? The dude was damned if he did or damned if he didn't. Also, we're only privy to what the media wanted/ wants us to know.

Warp Daddy

I agree with you but what the hell was he spodda do, tell the truth??? The dude was damned if he did or damned if he didn't. Also, we're only privy to what the media wanted/ wants us to know.

Camp FWIW he may have been better off coming clean , get ahead of the circus , take your lumps . BE THE STAND UP GUY -- he crafted as a MEDIA IMAGE that garnered him a Billion $. Many PR disaster can be averted if ya fess up Johnson & Johnson case is classic , Letterman SCOOPED the tqabloids just recently and he's now off the front pages

People in general lose patience and respect for greedy weasels who say ONE thing and DO another .

Dr Skimeister

Tiger Woods is an accomplished athlete that can do things to a golf course that no one else can do.

Tiger Woods is also an actor that has had an image created for him to market. The image that he puts out there for us to consume is just that-an image. Just because he can shape a golf shot doesn't make him any more of a moral icon than any body else. Shame on us for taking that image, putting it on a pedestal and worshiping the media-made god. Even more shame on us for being preoccupied with cutting down the god when a real-life shortcoming becomes public knowledge.

tjf67

+1 the holy than thow people in here make me nauscious

campgottagopee

Camp FWIW he may have been better off coming clean , get ahead of the circus , take your lumps . BE THE STAND UP GUY -- he crafted as a MEDIA IMAGE that garnered him a Billion $. Many PR disaster can be averted if ya fess up Johnson & Johnson case is classic , Letterman SCOOPED the tqabloids just recently and he's now off the front pages

People in general lose patience and respect for greedy weasels who say ONE thing and DO another .

That's true---he may have been better off, maybe. Who knows, maybe that's what he wanted to do but his "people" may have convinced him other wise.

Sorry, I'm just a Tiger fan, and I'm in his corner-----silly to think of Tiger as an underdog :spin:

campgottagopee

Tiger Woods is an accomplished athlete that can do things to a golf course that no one else can do.

Tiger Woods is also an actor that has had an image created for him to market. The image that he puts out there for us to consume is just that-an image. Just because he can shape a golf shot doesn't make him any more of a moral icon than any body else. Shame on us for taking that image, putting it on a pedestal and worshiping the media-made god. Even more shame on us for being preoccupied with cutting down the god when a real-life shortcoming becomes public knowledge.

Well said Doc.

tjf67

May be but he is worth a billion and we all combined don't add up to his net worth. I think he will do things his way. Got him pretty far to date.

Warp Daddy

Sports, especially pro sports are in general are given way too attention and assigned too high a value IMO. Mega $$ are thrown at people for playing children's games.

The oft self - absorbed environment breeds a kind of arrogance and power that corrupts many to the point of misbelief in some sort pre-supposed omnicience or i'll never get caught mentality . I'mm too big to be exposed

Thus when the lofty stumble the fall is great ( human nature)

Reality sets in that one who lives in the public eye and benefits disproportionately from it often pays this price for screwing up .

I hope Woods can get his act together and save his family for the children's sake . I also hope other public figures learnfrom this unfortunate episode