• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tiger Woods in Car Crash

campgottagopee

If it takes money to keep here, she's a whore. If she stays without cash, she's a loving forgiving wife.

I say keep the wife, get rid of the whore.

Exactly---IMO, if she stays for the $$$$$ that's no more of a screw-up than what Tiger has done.

JimG.

Staff member
I am defending the guy simply because I don't know all the facts. All I know is what the effin media wants us to know, that's it. I'm sorry but I don't trust them. He will speak on this issue, and until then I'm saving my judgement. I'm sure I'll be eating mucho crow, but that's okay I have broad shoulders.

You mentioned "The Golden Bear" ------ back in his hayday the media wasn't up his ass compared with today. Maybe lead a "playboy" lifestyle for a while too but never got caught. You really think Clinton was the only Prez to get a hummer in the oval office??? I don't, but he was the only one to get caught.

Well, you are right. We don't know all the facts.

But it doesn't look good for him and he has done little to defuse the issue. Which is suspicious.

And I believe many presidents have been caught in affairs. The names Warren Harding and John Kennedy come to mind without much thought at all. But this is a path we really don't want to go down here.

campgottagopee

But it doesn't look good for him and he has done little to defuse the issue. Which is suspicious.

And I believe many presidents have been caught in affairs. The names Warren Harding and John Kennedy come to mind without much thought at all. But this is a path we really don't want to go down here.[/QUOTE]

True, what was I thinking :dunce:

tjf67

Agreed

The charitable contributions while commendable also means Woods has a great tax advisor which translates into write -off

If you give away 1 million bucks it still costs you 600 grand out of you pocket.

tjf67

Not, I think, an unreasonable belief, extenuating circumstance (whatever they may be) notwithstanding

Gotcha, So if it is something that you believe to be acceptable it is not an asshole offense. OK Im on to ya. Just getting it straight in my head. His wife being a big fat yenta with child in her belly, Im taking is not such a good reason??

JimG.

Staff member
Gotcha, So if it is something that you believe to be acceptable it is not an asshole offense. OK Im on to ya. Just getting it straight in my head. His wife being a big fat yenta with child in her belly, Im taking is not such a good reason??

Huh?

I don't see extramarital affairs as acceptable, but affairs do happen for reasons that have nothing to do with someone being an asshole.

Are you saying that he's out partying with other women because his wife is pregnant?

Are you saying that this is an acceptable reason to do so?

I'm just asking...I think I'm getting cross eyed reading all these differing opinions.

Warp Daddy

Gotch His wife being a big fat yenta with child in her belly, Im taking is not such a good reason??

Yes its absolutely wrong to mess around on someone you profess to love and take marriage vows with and whom woods made many public staements about her being his " soulmate and who is carring your child .

I f one has the impulse control; of an animal then stay single and don't hurt others

tjf67

Huh?

I don't see extramarital affairs as acceptable, but affairs do happen for reasons that have nothing to do with someone being an asshole.

Are you saying that he's out partying with other women because his wife is pregnant?

Are you saying that this is an acceptable reason to do so?

I'm just asking...I think I'm getting cross eyed reading all these differing opinions.

No, personally I dont believe there is an acceptable reason. I think all spousal affairs are acts of cowardness.

I was just making the point that it is black and white and there is no grey area.

Oh and it is Friday night. Going lift serviced skiing in teh am for the first time this year. W

tjf67

Yes its absolutely wrong to mess around on someone you profess to love and take marriage vows with and whom woods made many public staements about her being his " soulmate and who is carring your child .

I f one has the impulse control; of an animal then stay single and don't hurt others

I thought we were all animals. RUFF RUFF

jack97

Tiger Woods is also an actor that has had an image created for him to market. The image that he puts out there for us to consume is just that-an image. Just because he can shape a golf shot doesn't make him any more of a moral icon than any body else. Shame on us for taking that image, putting it on a pedestal and worshiping the media-made god. Even more shame on us for being preoccupied with cutting down the god when a real-life shortcoming becomes public knowledge.

My opinion.... I really don't care about Cheetah Woods personal life and I don't care about golf.

What ticks me off is the endorsement process in which he had a big influence. $100 million dollar contract extension from Nike, that more than his career earnings and all for a company that exploilts cheap oversea labor. Then he comes off the GM deal, a car company that markets gas guzzling luxury cars as a status symbol. I could prolly find more but quite frankly I had enuf of this guy, I rather laugh at all the jokes now.... call it what you want but its still fun while waiting for the next storm.

Hawkshot99

Maybe it is the way that I was raised, but I have never looked at a athlete or famous figure as a "role model". I do look at them as a skilled person at a certain task.

The people that I look at as role models are people that I actually know, and truly respect.

I do look at marriage as something very special not to be cheated on, but I dont care if Tiger did. The only ones I would care about are ones that affect me. My future marriage(if I can find someone that doesnt run from me), my parents, and family and friends.

Tiger has no effect on my life, so who cares?

jack97

But he does, in an indirect way and if not you then your freinds or family. Thoses commercial or pictures of him hawking a product influences our conscience and most likely sub conscience when we out to buy things and prolly the bottom line of the product itself.

campgottagopee

Maybe it is the way that I was raised, but I have never looked at a athlete or famous figure as a "role model". I do look at them as a skilled person at a certain task.

The people that I look at as role models are people that I actually know, and truly respect.

I do look at marriage as something very special not to be cheated on, but I dont care if Tiger did. The only ones I would care about are ones that affect me. My future marriage(if I can find someone that doesnt run from me), my parents, and family and friends.

:beer:

campgottagopee

And I believe many presidents have been caught in affairs. The names Warren Harding and John Kennedy come to mind without much thought at all. But this is a path we really don't want to go down here.

Agree that it is suspicious, but hey, O.J. got off :wink:

Warp Daddy

OJ is an icon for all that is wrong with the Justice system. No doubt his ego and net worth has taken a massive hit since he is despised by many and no longer has any cache in the endorsement arena .

Lou Saban his former coach in Buffalo was a friend of ours when he worked at one of the colleges where i worked . Lou had some INSIGHTS abour the Juice's rep with his teamates. Apparantly "the Juice".. he did not LIGHT up the "Electric Company" ( his offensive line )..