• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tiger Woods in Car Crash

campgottagopee

Wait just a second---Tiger can split a tree lined fairway but can't back out of his driveway without hitting a tree and a hydrant?? There's some bad math in this equation.

bigbog

...This is so funny, the way the media is falling out of trees looking for somekind of story...and with the Manchurian party-crashers....is making for one weekend of news.

drjeff

Tiger has always done his best to maintain his privacy as much as humanly possible when one's face is recognized by easily over a BILLION people, but the details coming out about this incident are just really weird, and until we actually hear what I'm sure are the LARGE contextual info around this event, it's going to seem weird! I'm betting that right about now though that Tiger was wishing that this coming weekend WASN'T a tournament that he hosts and helps greatly benefit his Foundation, because otherwise there's NO WAY he'd tee it up this week.

SkiDork

this mornings NY Daily News is saying it's got something to do with an alleged affair with this chick: (the one on the right of course)

alg_rachel_uchitel.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...ged_tiger_woods_mistress_rachel_uchitel_.html

Glenn

I don't get famous people. This guy "has it all"...fame, fortune, lots of material stuff.... and he needs to go cheat on his wife? Again, I don't get it.

SkiDork

I don't get famous people. This guy "has it all"...fame, fortune, lots of material stuff.... and he needs to go cheat on his wife? Again, I don't get it.

Agreed, although the whole affair thing is unfounded at this point.

Trekchick

We really don't know.
When you're famous its easy to fall to the prey of women falling all over you, but also you're easy prey for anyone who wants to make up stories......
We just don't know.
Either way, he's got a long road ahead of him to make things right in his house and in his public image.

I won't/can't judge him on this,...(make no mistake, I'll crack jokes about it tho):lol:

Warp Daddy

This is a real PR faux pax either way it plays out. Woods should fire his pr flack after this tabloid fiasco.

If he 's on a bimbo rage his image is toast just aother selfish spoiled ingrate who uses people BUT if he's playing the victim card here he needs to come clean

deadheadskier

Staff member
One thing Tiger could do if he wanted to maximize privacy is go the Jordan route and limit his endorsement deals / advertising to the bare minimum. The guy has earned one BILLION dollars. Jordan made an active decision to 'get out' when his face was the most recognized in the world, not Tigers. Sure he still does a few commercials here and there, but it was a choice to not do as much. I'm sure the choice was part because he didn't need to, but also part to limit his exposure.

If the only place Tiger was ever seen was on TV for golf tournaments, maybe eventually he'd gain a bit more of the privacy he covets. He's the most recognized face in sports mainly because of his endorsements.

campgottagopee

I love how the guy can tell the troopers, "Come back tomorrow, I'm sleepin' "

Talk about power---if that was you or me???? Hmmmmmm

campgottagopee

You or I could do that. By law all he has to do is give him his license, registration, and proof of insurance.

I know, I've heard that too, but I aint buying it. Somehow I think the troops around here would just say wake his drunk ass up!!!