• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

a little rant from a MASHer

have you been out as offten as you hoped?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mark D

im rather pissed off that i only have 7 ski days in so far this seson. i was hoping to get close to 100 and im not even on pace for 60! how the hell does this work i should still be boarding even tho i screwed up my ankel pretty bad and i think i broke my collar bone at ju jitsu i think that my DR. is a massive Ahole for not letting me to boaring its only a broken bone and a dislocated ankel. i should be allowed to go boarding? is anybody ealse having this problem this year? not skiing/boarding as much as they hoped?

Terry

I have 23 days in so far so should make my goal of 70 without to much trouble if we can get some snow!! :beer:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i have been side lined by an injury since december 10th. i can't ski until at least march and likely will be sticking to the easy slopes when i do. and you know what? i am not pissed, it could have been worse. i think you should just listen to the docs orders and take a chill pill, your health is more important than a high quantity of ski days, the slopes will still be there when you get better. and if you don't think about it like that, you'll drive yourself mad ;)

Vortex

I'm at 25 days I believe. The Az ski team nights have helped my count a bit. 70 is my goal also. K2trav and Lostone rule this game. Hey Terry.

JimG.

Staff member
I'm at 19 and a little ahead of where I thought I'd be. Hoping for 60 days this season.

SKIQUATTRO

man, i really have to move off this island (for the winters)..should get 20 in....

Greg

Staff member
I voted "yes" despite only getting 8 days in so far. A few of them were high-quality days, and were enough to satisfy me a bit. I'm now on a hiatus, but hope to get out again starting sometime in February. Got 25 in last year; may get in 12-15 this year...

2knees

We pumped out two kids in the last 2 years so my days have been limited for 2 seasons now. That'll change next year though. tomorrow will be 4 for me.

JimG.

Staff member
2knees said:
We pumped out two kids in the last 2 years so my days have been limited for 2 seasons now. That'll change next year though. tomorrow will be 4 for me.

I have 3 young boys, I know how you feel. The payback comes when you get them skiing...then you'll ski more than you imagined possible.

Greg

Staff member
2knees said:
Why do you think I'm on a hiatus. Any day now... :)

2knees

Greg said:
2knees said:

Congrats! Yeah, gettin the call while your skiing probably wouldnt be a good thing. My first was born in Feb so i quit after christmas.

Greg

Staff member
2knees said:
Greg said:
2knees said:

Congrats! Yeah, gettin the call while your skiing probably wouldnt be a good thing. My first was born in Feb so i quit after christmas.
My daughter and the new baby share a due date - Jan. 21. My daughter was 5 days early...

1/3 was my last day out.

loafer89

I have 6 days in (3 included powder skiing) so not too bad so far. Speaking of expecting children and skiing, I was skiing at Hunter when my wife's water broke (talk about timing) :eek:

Vortex

loafer89 said:
I have 6 days in (3 included powder skiing) so not too bad so far. Speaking of expecting children and skiing, I was skiing at Hunter when my wife's water broke (talk about timing) :eek:

Glad your still married. :wink:

loafer89

She actually told me to keep on skiing (god what a woman) since she was not having strong conractions yet. She wound up having our baby at about 10:30pm that night, so I was back in plenty of time. Our son was about one month early, so the ski trip was not planned poorly, perhaps my son just wanted to start skiing at an early age :wink:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
big nummers

You "big numbers" guys kill me. More power to you.
No point kidding anyone. I'm happy if I:
a) Get out at all before 1/1.
b) Get in 10 total day trips.
c) Get in one overnighter with the family.

Life has a way of getting in the way....
Take a run for me!