• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Broken Boot Buckle

Greg

Staff member
After skiing Jiminy today, as I took off my boot, a buckle broke. Here are some pics (sorry, they're kinda crappy):

Buckle part left on boot
Broken buckle
Both

Is there any reasonable way to fix this? Maybe epoxy or something? I'm pretty sure the buckle is aluminum. If I bring it to a shop, will they simply replace it, or try to fix it? If the latter, I'd like to try fixing it myself first. Any thoughts?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i'd guess you might be able to buy a replacement buckle somehow and have a qualified expert replace it. however, i broke a buckle last year and used it as teh perfect excuse to buy new boots! HA! 8)

A

ASC

Just go the local Salomon boot dealer, no big deal -they will rivet a new one on

Greg

Staff member
ASC said:
Just go the local Salomon boot dealer, no big deal -they will rivet a new one on
Thanks. That seems to make the most sense. I love the boots and they only have three seasons on them. Good chance to get the skis tuned too...

Greg

Staff member
Luckily the guys at Rotary Ski Shop in Stratford, CT hooked me up. They happened to have a buckle in stock and installed it for a mere 15 bucks! 8)