I bought some mid fats

AlpineZone

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    I bought some mid fats

    at Sports Authority today. had no intention of anything other then comparing prices on kids equip. but they had these noodly soft mid fats marked down to $199.99, integrated. Waist looks to be around 85 or so, which if you know me, is P H A T. i swear, i can bend them in a circle almost.

    I'm giving them 1 year but still, should be more fun then the Mad Trix out of the bumps.

    rossi sprayers. twin tip wanna be's. just like me.


  2. #2


    There's a message I thought I'd never see.





    Have fun!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

  3. #3
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,385
    Sweet! Bring on the powder days!
    Brian

  4. #4
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Very cool. You'll be ripping in the deeper snow....not like the mogul skis held you back much anyway...

    Friday?
    I ski double black diamonds.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    at Sports Authority today. had no intention of anything other then comparing prices on kids equip. but they had these noodly soft mid fats marked down to $199.99, integrated. Waist looks to be around 85 or so, which if you know me, is P H A T. i swear, i can bend them in a circle almost.

    I'm giving them 1 year but still, should be more fun then the Mad Trix out of the bumps.

    rossi sprayers. twin tip wanna be's. just like me.
    Sounds like a good move. My midfats are a few years older and they size in at 77 underfoot. I was not really happy with that width in the pow, I kept sinking far too much. I've moved to some fats to deal with that. But, the midfat is kind of a good way to get your "feet wet" with wider, but still retain some terrain versatility. I really like having a small quiver that I can cart around with me and pull out depending on conditions.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

  6. #6
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    flatlands of Mass.
    Posts
    5,477
    Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    Sounds like a good move. My midfats are a few years older and they size in at 77 underfoot. I was not really happy with that width in the pow, I kept sinking far too much. I've moved to some fats to deal with that. But, the midfat is kind of a good way to get your "feet wet" with wider, but still retain some terrain versatility. I really like having a small quiver that I can cart around with me and pull out depending on conditions.
    Do you still use the midfats or do you go between groomer and wider skis?

    I have midfats and they do sink more in shallow powder than I'd like, but I can bust through crud easier than I could on my older skinny skis.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Do you still use the midfats or do you go between groomer and wider skis?

    I have midfats and they do sink more in shallow powder than I'd like, but I can bust through crud easier than I could on my older skinny skis.
    I moved on to some 96's under foot for those rare times when pow conditions exist in New England. I couldn't see going much fatter than that for New England. Steve provided a lot of guidance on that.

    I ski the woods a lot, so I can often find untracked pow well after a storm. I was really getting tired of sitting back so much and consequentially not having enough control. It really limited what I could do. I am keeping the mid fats for the days when I mix it up with friends between woods and groomers. So I just pack them all in the car, make a first choice, ski, and if that doesn't work out, I've been known to switch out pretty quickly.

    Don't get me wrong, I still like my midfats, especially on days when I'm mixing it up. It seems like they have made midfats a bit wider now (in the 80s) and I might have been happy with that width, but definitely not the 77s.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:34 AM.