• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 1/14 - 1/15 Storm Discussion Thread

TwinTips21

Winter storm watches up for central and northern vermont for greater than six inches starting mid evening. People in Vermont or NH please post weather conditions, temperatures, and snow amounts when this rain starts chnaging over. THANKS!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nothing really happening here in the Upper Valley (close to Killington, Sunapee, etc).

Fog and drizzle.

Sunapee had lost a lot of snow as of yesterday.

pepperdawg

hmmmmm.....8-16"??....I hope.....being bitter, however, I'll call Dust on Crust after the wind gets through with whatever does change over......grrrrrr....

NOthing like waking up up to the warm rains of mid-january in NE...grrr.....

Paging February.

Zand

My prediction is that after winter left with 2005, it will come "Marching Back". I think we're in for quite a spring.

dmc

Mid 40's and overcast at Hunter...

Headed out for turns now....

thetrailboss

Staff member
salida said:
http://wxrisk.com/Meteorology/Verification/2005-06/forecast.htm

Interesting. Is that a ski website?

They did not have the last snow event...end of last week.

Warp Daddy

Its on the way guys!! 8) at 12:15 front moving thru NNY on the St Lawrence river , temps drop to 27 and heading for -5 tonite , sustained winds @ around 20-25mph, brief mix fell making things slippery BUT its NOW SNOWING and starting to accumulate :beer: :beer: :beer: 8)

bvibert

Staff member
Raining on and off pretty hard all day here in CT. The ski area that I work decided to close for the day... It would have been nice if they called me before I drove all the way up there though... :roll:

thetrailboss

Staff member
3:30 pm in the Upper Valley. Clouds are now lifting and some sun poking through :blink: Still mild. Dark to the NW though.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, just checked radar on TWC (all I use it for...radar clips) and the changeover line as of last check was inching through the Adirondacks and was very close to Lake Champlain. :beer:

This is just in as well from NWS Burlington:

NWS Burlington said:
ORLEANS-ESSEX-LAMOILLE-CALEDONIA-WASHINGTON- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEWPORT...ISLAND POND...JOHNSON... STOWE...ST. JOHNSBURY...MONTPELIER 112 PM EST SAT JAN 14 2006

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST SUNDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

STEADY RAIN THIS AFTERNOON WILL MIX WITH AND CHANGE TO SNOW BY THIS EVENING. THE SNOW WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT AND WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES...BEFORE TAPERING OFF TO SNOW SHOWERS BY MIDDAY SUNDAY. ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE 1 TO 3 INCHES EARLY TONIGHT...WITH TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS BY STORMS END ON SUNDAY OF OF 6 TO 10 INCHES. THE SNOW WILL BE VERY WET EARLY TONIGHT WITH DIFFICULT TRAVEL DEVELOPING. STRONG WINDS TONIGHT WILL RESULT IN SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

:beer: