• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wtb: Ski straps

SKIQUATTRO

need 3 or 4 pair of ski straps (for tip and tail) when transporting....anyone have a bucket of em or work in a shop that gives em away? SNOHAUS here on the island used to give em away, now they charge $4.00 for 1 strap (not even a pair) TOGNAR has em for $3.95/pair........thought i'd try here first...

WJenness

Bought mine from Tognar earlier this year... (was buying a bunch of tuning stuff anyway)

-w

wa-loaf

Wachusett gave me a pair for my Wateas and I didn't even buy them there ... although I did drop
$400+ on boots.

SKIQUATTRO

I do have to get some more wax and a few files from Tognar, will order them up.....

WJenness

Tognar has standard and wide options... I ordered the wide ones and they were plenty wide enough for my Watea 84s...

-w

Glenn

I like the ones Nordica has with their skis. It has a small block of foam glued to it so you cinch the centers of the skis too tight.

wa-loaf

I like the ones Nordica has with their skis. It has a small block of foam glued to it so you cinch the centers of the skis too tight.

I thought most of them were designed like that? I think it's pretty standard.

drjeff

Then there's always the old standby home made in a jiffy straps. Take a piece of wax paper about a foot long. Fold it up so you get a strip about 2" wide and 12" long. Slide between the skis at their contact point, then with a piece of athletic tape, close them together. Works like a charm with in a pinch!

SKIQUATTRO

billski, you thinking about the strap that attached the ski to your leg???? if so thats not the straps we are disussing....man, i am getting old, i remember those things, always iced up, became a deadly weapon when you fell.....

i'm all confused

drjeff

that's funny you mention standard straps (not powder straps.) I suppose the last time I had boards straps was about 1982....long.....gone....

billski, you thinking about the strap that attached the ski to your leg???? if so thats not the straps we are disussing....man, i am getting old, i remember those things, always iced up, became a deadly weapon when you fell.....

i'm all confused

Yup, not talking SAFETY STRAPS here Billski (although just their name, and how with a good wipe out you got wjacked by that flying, still attached to you ski, is/was a bit of an oxymoron if you asked me! ;) But then again, back in 1980 with the 1st pair of skis I owned, my salomon 222 bindings with safety straps had me looking so cool :rolleyes: )

What were talking about Billski is the velcro/foam rubber straps used to keep your skis together when you're carrying them on your shoulder/in the roof box/etc so you don't inadvertantly get a base scraping when they try and slide apart.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Yup, not talking SAFETY STRAPS here Billski (although just their name, and how with a good wipe out you got wjacked by that flying, still attached to you ski, is/was a bit of an oxymoron if you asked me! ;) But then again, back in 1980 with the 1st pair of skis I owned, my salomon 222 bindings with safety straps had me looking so cool :rolleyes: )

What were talking about Billski is the velcro/foam rubber straps used to keep your skis together when you're carrying them on your shoulder/in the roof box/etc so you don't inadvertantly get a base scraping when they try and slide apart.

Oh, duh! Velcro - now I'm with the program! Over the years, I've accumulated a few of them from give-aways. I can't believe we're trying to save $4 over those things. Tognar would probably have to charge you as much to ship them!

I just found some of the old rubber ones in the bottom of my tuning kit. Problem is, they are so old, that when I tried to use them they snapped. Rubber has a limited shelf life, I suppose!

I gave my daughter that as a xmas gift idea last week, she loved it. Maybe you can do the same? They barely fit around my fatties.