• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Gear Bag

O

oldhippie

I am looking for a new ski gear bag that can be helpful getting all my gear to and from the parking lot to the lodge. Right now I am using an old boot bag that is on it's last legs, and a "giveaway" canvas breifcase type thing that I got at some geeky tech conference.

What I really want is something to hold my boots and sundry gear..mp3 player, small tools, wax, goggles, water bottle etc.. and also maybe the ability to carry my skis on it when trudging from parking lot to lodge.

Has anybody ever found a real nice bag or technique to do this? Suggestions?

jimme

Greg sounds like he's on to something. I have a High Sierra boot bag with back straps and its the nuts! Toss the boots in and a bunch of other stuff, strap it on and go! You probably remember schelpping a boot-tree, skis and poles from the lot to the lodge. Not fun at all when you're 8, or any age for that matter.

Now I boot up at the car and strap on a packpack. Last time out while trying to walk back to the car with skis, poles and a hot cocca I remembered the pack has ski straps. For the two minutes of time it takes to strap the skis onto the pack it is well worth it! What a luxury it was. Since it's a day pack, it will not fit boots, but with Lowa Struktura's 'walk' feature walking is pretty natural. BTW- I use the Black Diamond Zippo. I'd have gone for the Slide, but it was not out when I bought my pack.

Good luck with the bag search. There's a lot out there to choose from.

tree_skier

I have a couple of bags that work great. They have a seperate pocket on each end for boots (this keeps wet boots off of the other stuff) and a large center compartment that will hold a lot of stuff (pants, layers, helmut, lunch etc.). they also have a shoulder strap allowing both hands to be free. They old on, mine, is a Salomon bag that I got in the early eighties, the newer one, the wife's, is a Rossignol bag that I won in a Glade-iator a couple of years ago.

the point, get one that seperates the boots from the rest of your stuff, and you can never have a bag that is too big.

O

oldhippie

Thanks!

Thanks Uphill' thats the 2nd recommendation for that bag.. I will check it out.

O

oldhippie

Sundry gear

Sundry gear.. MP3 player, wax, goggles, leatherman tool, water, fruit, extra socks, sunglasses.. other miscellaneous and various stuff.

I guess it's a rather old fashioned word that old timers like me with backwoods ancesters still use.

O

oldhippie

Joshua, have you seen the "Return of the King" yet? (that is the name of the last Trilogy movie isn't it?) Was it good?!!

I think I am going to rent both of the first two movies on and watch them contiguously and then speed down to Cinamaworld (contraband licorice hidden safely hidden away) and watch it intently!!

(I know.. this isn't MovieZone.com, but I can't help it, I found another Tolkien fan.)

Joshua B

That is kind of a random question, but yes I saw it twice in my local indie theatre. The first time a had a whole row to myself. I wanted to really digest it.

I think you have a great idea there. Make sure to watch the extended versions of 1 & 2.

S

shortski

Here's what I've been using for the past couple of years and it works out well
snowshack_1775_4406025

Not as roomy as some but even with the boots inside it will still hold a change of clothes for the all important apres ski :beer:

http://www.snowshack.com/salomon-freeride-30l-backpack.html