• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Defending Ski Haus

dmc

can't do it can you d? Call me out for saying something I did not. so you result to insults. it's the same thing every time.

It really is....

I feel the gravity pulling now...

Go ahead mod... defend your friend...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Interesting. It sounds like this is all about a pro form deal that fell through if I read correctly? Pro forms have a lot of requirements, as I recall. Not surprising a shop would pull the plug on a pro form deal if it was too late to order at a reduced price. Pro form is not typical retailing and I wouldn't expect a shop to honor a pro form deal if they couldn't get the gear at reduced rate.

dmc

Interesting. It sounds like this is all about a pro form deal that fell through if I read correctly? Pro forms have a lot of requirements, as I recall. Not surprising a shop would pull the plug on a pro form deal if it was too late to order at a reduced price. Pro form is not typical retailing and I wouldn't expect a shop to honor a pro form deal if they couldn't get the gear at reduced rate.

I've had that happen to me as well..

Puck it

Not familar with the pro form concept. Please elaborate.

dmc

Not familar with the pro form concept. Please elaborate.

Work for ski industry...
Get a form from manufacturers with what you can buy for cheap..
Submit it to a ski shop that carries the stuff...
Get your stuff...

BUT - it's horribly misused...

Puck it

Work for ski industry...
Get a form from manufacturers with what you can buy for cheap..
Submit it to a ski shop that carries the stuff...
Get your stuff...

BUT - it's horribly misused...

Okay. My nephew gets discounts directly from TNF and Oakley since he is a customs officer. It sounds like she waited too long. This expalains the order from manufacturer, they were repacing their own stock. Could her gripe be with the manufacturer then?

AndyEich

Ski Haus (at least the Wilmington store that is now closed) always treated me very well. I was surprised to see them get slammed.
________
Vapor Buddy

Last edited:

Trekchick

To further elaborate
In my experience with proform, the product had to be ordered early because it goes in on a special order and its not usually taken out of inventory. I can imagine with the popularity of volkl their proform is misused and they may have some extra caution factors in place. If that's the case then Ski Haus may suffer the ramifications if the deal isn't done by the book.

Not sure of the details of this situation, but I know Proform can be complicated and sometimes the consumer has to be more flexible.

dmc

To further elaborate
In my experience with proform, the product had to be ordered early because it goes in on a special order and its not usually taken out of inventory. I can imagine with the popularity of volkl their proform is misused and they may have some extra caution factors in place. If that's the case then Ski Haus may suffer the ramifications if the deal isn't done by the book.

Not sure of the details of this situation, but I know Proform can be complicated and sometimes the consumer has to be more flexible.

It's complicated, there's not as many options AND watched carefully now..

I think a shop discount is actually better now...

gorgonzola

man theres a alot of douchyness in this thread! based on the info in op the shop douched her - if thats the case power to her and douching them back on the web. i've pretty much had it with douches not living it up to their agreements these days. pretty douchy of the mods to lock the thread too imo...making this while thing worthy of a 5 douche post

campgottagopee

To further elaborate

Must be things have changed---when I ws getting my skis on a Proform I had to get them thru a rep, a "ski shop" couldn't even order them for me.

dmc

Must be things have changed---when I ws getting my skis on a Proform I had to get them thru a rep, a "ski shop" couldn't even order them for me.

You had to get the "form" from the rep right? And then take it to the shop..

hammer

I've never shopped at Ski Haus so I can't provide an opinion one way or the other, but IMO this looks like a situation where the original poster had a legitimate beef with them but went overboard on a public forum with her complaint.

Also, how careful does someone really need to be about what they post? What's the line between a simple complaint and libel?

http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/defamation-in-cyberspace.html

Hopefully she can come up with a reasonable compromise...and will provide an update here when she does.

dmc

I've never shopped at Ski Haus so I can't provide an opinion one way or the other, but IMO this looks like a situation where the original poster had a legitimate beef with them but went overboard on a public forum with her complaint.

Also, how careful does someone really need to be about what they post? What's the line between a simple complaint and libel?

http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/defamation-in-cyberspace.html

Hopefully she can come up with a reasonable compromise...and will provide an update here when she does.

Again... I'd like to hear the ski shops side of the story..
PuckIt is going to stop in and find out..

Maybe we can keep this from happening again and inform people on how to navigate "pro form"

campgottagopee

You had to get the "form" from the rep right? And then take it to the shop..

Right----and I never had any contact with the shop other than dropping the form off. Usually me rep would bring them right to the mountain.

Vortex

When I did pro form equipt it was from the rep only. I ordered from the rep and paid the rep. I did it in oct or early November.
I have not worked in the industry in 20 years. Everything changes.

I think their are variables here we may not know. Pro form is not an every day deal. I don't have the facts, but the slam does not sit well with me. If the deal is a valid one just go to another rep.

I bet eastcoastpowerhound could give some good info here.

Last edited:

Swamp Dog

since none of you know the fucking details of what happened when I first went to Ski Haus, nor do you really care to know, why don't you all just shut the fuck up. It's way more fun to bash me when you don't know shit, so have at it.

Bunch of fucking tools.....

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
since none of you know the fucking details of what happened when I first went to Ski Haus, nor do you really care to know, why don't you all just shut the fuck up. It's way more fun to bash me when you don't know shit, so have at it.

I think the whole point of this thread was to try and understand the details because otherwise we're just going solely off your side of the story.

dmc

wow... ummm.... I promised Greg I'd be good...

Now I'm REALLY interested in hearing SkiHaus's side of the story...