• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Defending Ski Haus

Abominable

Ski Haus on Rt. 22 has been there for a long time. I think I bought my Kemper Rampage there in about 1989.

Just your regular ski shop, but nice people and all that. Nice to see they're still open.

Abominable

boot fitting competence?

Couldn't tell you, sorry. Haven't been in there in ages, and don't ski (alpine).

BUT, just given the fact that it's (I assume) a family run place that has been there forever, and probably services a ton a family type skiers from Fairfield and Westchester counties, I'd have to assume they're fairly competent? I mean, no less than any other small town independent ski store.

Hawkshot99

boot fitting competence?

I would not go to their new store in Wappingers NY as I have heard and expierenced many bad employees and crapy service from their Poughkeepsie store that relocated there. But I have many good things from the Brewster store on Rt 22. Don't know much about the CT stores.