• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Defending Ski Haus

Puck it

I have always bought my family stuff from Ski Haus. Steve is the co-owner with his brother Wayne, They have always been upfront with me. Cut me great deals on leftover stuff. They have worked stuff for me that I did not buy there. And yes for free. Steve knows his stuff. He must have had a good reason for not doing this. He could be losing too much money on the deal.

I can stand when someone slams a store like this. I will talk to him this weekend and tell him that Ski Haus is being dragged through th mud on the internet.

dmc

I have always bought my family stuff from Ski Haus. Steve is the co-owner with his brother Wayne, They have always been upfront with me. Cut me great deals on leftover stuff. They have worked stuff for me that I did not buy there. And yes for free. Steve knows his stuff. He must have had a good reason for not doing this. He could be losing too much money on the deal.

I can stand when someone slams a store like this. I will talk to him this weekend and tell him that Ski Haus is being dragged through th mud on the internet.

I .... I... I... I....

agree.....

Damn i feel dirty now :)

bvibert

Staff member
I .... I... I... I....

agree.....

Damn i feel dirty now :)

Wow, that must have taken a lot to post.

Lets try to keep this thread from devolving into personal attacks (not that I'm saying the above is or anything, more of a precursor to keep this thread open)

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll take your feed back and Swampdog's feedback into consideration should I decide to do business there.

People have every bit as much of a right to scream from the roof tops when they feel they've been wronged as they do to go out of their way to give high praise of a business.

When you're in sales, you have to expect that for every good deal you offer a customer, they'll tell one person. For every bad deal, they'll tell 11. That's the nature of the human psyche. Pretty obvious every night you turn on the news.

dmc

IPeople have every bit as much of a right to scream from the roof tops when they feel they've been wronged as they do to go out of their way to give high praise of a business.

They sure do...
And thats why I've contacted SkiHaus so they can come and defend themselves from the pitchfork/torch crowd...

deadheadskier

Staff member
They sure do...
And thats why I've contacted SkiHaus so they can come and defend themselves from the pitchfork/torch crowd...

As best I can tell, there is no pitchfork/torch crowd. Just one person expressing her frustration.

If there is a pitchfork/torch crowd, it's the people jumping her for expressing herself.

Puck it

As best I can tell, there is no pitchfork/torch crowd. Just one person expressing her frustration.

If there is a pitchfork/torch crowd, it's the people jumping her for expressing herself.

Did she go down and talk with them in person? I may have missed.

I just rechecked. She only phoned them. Get the hell down there and talk in person instead of slamming them on the net.

Last edited:

dmc

Why can't you defend MY right to defend the ski industry?

There's no pitchfork crowd because I opened my big mouth to put a stop to this BS...

Grassi21

I think being displeased when a written agreement is not met is understandable. I think taking the matter to smalls claims court is acceptable if the issue is that important to you. But to threaten plastering this on the internet and going through with it is in bad taste. But its the internetz so anything goes.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I am surprised to hear that Ski Haus has been slammed here on AZ (or any where for that matter). I have not seen that thread/post yet as I just logged on and this was the first new post.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Though as a retail manager myself, I know first hand that even the best managers and best stores out there can never please every single person and occasionally someone gets really bad service. It really sucks and you can only do what you can after the fact to try to restore the trust. I hope who ever had a bad experience found a manager at Ski Haus and politely asked that things be righted.

When I lived in MA, Ski Haus was my local ski shop. I have gotten great service, equipmnet, and deals from that shop and have bought more stuff from Ski Haus than any other brick and mortar ski shop. They run a quality pair of stores and have my highest recommendation.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Why can't you defend MY right to defend the ski industry?

There's no pitchfork crowd because I opened my big mouth to put a stop to this BS...

go for it dude. If you can quote me once saying you have no right to defend them, find it.

Puck it

Yes she did.

From Swamp Dog:

Apparently they are supposed to contact the manufacturer and get the item directly from them and not sell from the floor. Well, I know that so why doesn't the sales staff on the floor? So even though MY skis are still there, Volkl has no more available so I can't have them.

This is completely wrong. I know they do not order from the manufacturer aftere the year starts. They get the inventory and that is it unless the run out and reorder.
I have never heard of a ski shop doing this.

We just got off the phone with "Steve" who claims to be the owner. Now you would think he would want to do the right thing, but apparently that's not his style. He is not going to sell them to me for the agreed upon price.

She spoke on the phone. Am I missing something later in thread?