• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 20-21

J

jlangdale

Not a bad weekend of snowboarding and skiing at the Bush. Not at all crowded. Should be next weekend though.

Some very fast runs, the cover was good. The Mall and Birdland, a few others bumped up still had twigs sticking up all over. They were also blowing snow on a few runs. Cold and somewhat gusty at times. Saturday saw more sun. Sunday snowed most of the day with flurries and high winds at the summit, clearing towards the end of the day. Surprisingly they did not shut down the summit, Castle Rock nor North Lynx at south. I don't think they shut down Split Brook either.

I got some nice tree runs in Eden near Spring Fling and also Deeper Sleeper off gatehouse. Didn't head up to the summit, too cold and was on-the-job with my cameras. Good news is I got my employee pass finally :)

Slopestyle comp on Saturday at the North terrain park. The terrain park is decent, no pipe yet. It was basically closed all day Sat for the competition. NASTAR did not get up and running yet. Looks like masters with Doug was still going on. But I heard they are going to shoot for opening this Thursday.

Greg

Staff member
Sounds great. Any pics?

J

jlangdale

I got some nice pics of some kids that wanted action shots in the trees. I also got some pics of the slopeside competition and the diamond dog kids going off the jumps. But long story is since I've been using my Jeep I have no place to lock up my laptop bag so I leave it home. Also, coincidentally power went out at my home briefly when I wanted to connect to my home machine. Hence, I left all my downloaded images on the workstations in the lodge. Nice thing is we have DSL right there in the lodge at the counter :) I'm also leary of posting any pics of people or those that I take for work. Other than that with the snow and severe overcast, not a lot of light. End of day on Sunday was pretty with the sun going down, sky was orange but my battery was dead and I was dead tired too.