• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

the 2010 Clown pole thread!

drjeff

The fixing a pole thread got me thinking that the yearly clown pole debate hasn't started yet ;)

I'm rocking a pair of 54" poles, thinking about getting a pair of cross country skating poles so I can step up to about a 65" pole and have all you bumpers and your 15" poles looking at me with "pole envy" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Should we start the bets on who will be the first person to cut an inch or 2 off this weekend after their 1st session or 2 of Sundown bumps??? :)

Last edited:

Beetlenut

The fixing a pole thread got me thinking that the yearly clown pole debate hasn't started yet ;)

I'm rocking a pair of 54" poles, thinking about getting a pair of cross country skating poles so I can step up to about a 65" pole and have all you bumpers and you're 15" poles looking at me with "pole envy" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Should we start the bets on who will be the first person to cut an inch or 2 off this weekend after their 1st session or 2 of Sundown bumps??? :)

I have some 27" poles that also make great back scratchers!!

Greg

Staff member
I forget where I am in length. 44" I think.

mondeo

44" here, though I'm planning on picking up a pair of 48"ers for Sundown. Force me to plant further down the backside of the bump.

No pole envy here. I'm always proud to have the shortest poles in a gondola when I'm solo.

JimG.

Staff member

I'm rocking a pair of 54" poles, thinking about getting a pair of cross country skating poles so I can step up to about a 65" pole and have all you bumpers and your 15" poles looking at me with "pole envy" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At this point I think most folks have things dialed in.

bvibert

Staff member
I don't remember the length of my current pole, but I have no intention of changing the length soon.

2knees

i want to gather all the sundown haters and see who can really walk the walk. no ski off, just want to see what's behind all the bravado. We know andy is a complete train wreck on skis and i have a pretty good suspicion about alot of the others.....

powbmps

:-?

Tired of short poles that don't get your tops high enough? Scared of mounting your heavy tops on long poles?

Never fear, Odyssey is here with our new Crank Extension Pole.

Minimum height adjustment is 43.25"
Max height adjustment is 53.75"

Greg

Staff member
i want to gather all the sundown haters and see who can really walk the walk. no ski off, just want to see what's behind all the bravado. We know andy is a complete train wreck on skis and i have a pretty good suspicion about alot of the others.....

Tell us how you really feel... :lol:

Greg

Staff member
remember what i said on the lift ride? about going home, having some brews and well......

Thanks for not letting me down. ;)

You were killing it today. Impressive how you can jump in and hit sabertooth moguls like that right out of the gate. Must be the clown poles...

2knees

actually this thread does serve one purpose, i need new poles. i was missing plants cause one is bent sharply near the end. nothing throws you off more then having your plant miss its intended spot cause its bent.

enter someone to tell me how its a touch not a plant in.............

powbmps

It's a gentle caress, not a forceful pounding.

This aint prison boy.

actually this thread does serve one purpose, i need new poles. i was missing plants cause one is bent sharply near the end. nothing throws you off more then having your plant miss its intended spot cause its bent.

enter someone to tell me how its a touch not a plant in.............

2knees

It's a gentle caress, not a forceful pounding.

This aint prison boy.

you scare me chris......

I was wearing the black jacket today but not the umass marching band pants. not worthy yet.

powbmps

Once more I ask you to refrain from using real names on the message board...

Thank you,

Chris

you scare me chris......

I was wearing the black jacket today but not the umass marching band pants. not worthy yet.

snoseek

^^^^^^^^^^^^

ahahahahaha nice f%$#$ckin avatar. Sweetness, why didn't I think of that!!!

Hawkshot99

I fully admit I suck in the bumps. I am not a Sundown hater, but I have only been there once, and it was a real bad experience for me.

2knees

I fully admit I suck in the bumps. I am not a Sundown hater, but I have only been there once, and it was a real bad experience for me.

nah man, you're cool as shit. you seem to get it, that skiing is skiing.

besides, my whole post was more of a joke from our opening day sundown trip. we were laughing at the fact that so many people seem to complain about sundown yet they go ahead and start threads either about it or referencing it.

kinda hypocritical and counter productive but hey, whatever keeps them entertained.