• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Excellent rock skiis for sale!

haines

For sure, I have two pairs of straits

200 cm Speed Machines
200 cm Elans

Any takers?

haines

January Rock Ski Sale!

Oh these 200 cmKastle Speed machine are awesome their good for skiing over rubble for crying out loud

Nice binders too!

RossiSkier

Wow, Kastle Speed Machines! They belong in a museum. I was trying to find a picture of the old girls and I kept coming up with Nordica. Now I see why:

Anton Kastle began building skis in the late '30s, and made skis for the Wehrmacht during WWII. His factory was in Hohenems, in the Vorarlberg region of Austria. During the Fifties, Kastle had a reputation as the finest race ski going -- their ash-laminate skis were used by Andy Lawrence, Toni Sailer, Buddy Werner and many other top racers. Billy Kidd and Jimmie Heuga won their '64 Olympic medals on wooden Kastle slalom skis. After converting to fiberglass and metal construction, Kastle was bought out by Fischer and became part of the Sport AG group. Top skiers like Andreas Wenzel and Pirmin Zurbriggen were Kastle skiers. Benetton came in about five or six years ago and closed the Austrian factory. The brand disappeared when Benetton replaced it with Nordica-branded skis built in Italy and Slovenia. Benetton then sold Nordica to the Tecnica-Marker-Volkl-Dolomite group, and all trace of the Kastle indentity vanished.

haines

Get out no more Kastle Brand

Get out no more Kastle brand?

awf170

for sale :roll: just give the things away(no will probably take then anyway) You cant really expect money for old straight skis.