• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A note about our moderators

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Wow. I forget my laptop at work and can't log into AZ for a day and look what I miss!

I didn't see anything that happened yesterday. I just want to chime in and say I am rather disappointed to hear that threads were created saying F the mods. :(

AZ has been feeling kinda hostile lately. Seems like more than just summer doldrums setting in. Easy for me to say I guess since my season is not over yet.

Let's get this back on track... thanks to the Mods and the Admin for their work running behind the scenes on AZ and making tough calls that may not always be popular with certain segments of AZ members.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Wow. I forget my laptop at work and can't log into AZ for a day and look what I miss!

I didn't see anything that happened yesterday. I just want to chime in and say I am rather disappointed to hear that threads were created saying F the mods. :(

AZ has been feeling kinda hostile lately. Seems like more than just summer doldrums setting in. Easy for me to say I guess since my season is not over yet.

Let's get this back on track... thanks to the Mods and the Admin for their work running behind the scenes on AZ and making tough calls that may not always be popular with certain segments of AZ members.
Thanks for the post Steve...Let me say that your 10k+ posts have helped turn AZ into what it is today. The late Greg ;-) always used to say back in the day it was pretty much you and him talking on the forum :lol:..Looking forward to more of it!

Last edited:

SkiDork

Gawd. If people could just act like adults, and live by the "would I say that to them if I was face to face" and "restraint of pen and tongue" moderation would not be necessary.

"Yeah? Well the Jerk store called - they're running out of YOU!"

george_costanza.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Gawd. If people could just act like adults, and live by the "would I say that to them if I was face to face" and "restraint of pen and tongue" moderation would not be necessary.

"Yeah? Well the Jerk store called - they're running out of YOU!"

It sure sounds easy, doesn't it? But, alas, this is the Interwebs..... :dunce:

tumblr_liuwh4eJmd1qzimwpo1_r2_500.png

Anyway. Part of forum life :roll:
:argue:

2knees

andy gave him the boot also. i think mogulskiing.net is his last hope.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
really? i thought it was "anything goes" over there

Nope, not anything goes, don't know where that comes from. I do encourage freedom of expression, however, there are still a few rules, one of them being no personal attacks. An that is a tough call as there may be some personal attacks due to disagreements. However, 90% of his posts were nothing but personal attacks...

Thanks for paying attention 2knees.. :razz:

Edit: Actually have to hand it to the little guy. In close to 2 years, first person to be deleted.

2knees

Nope, not anything goes, don't know where that comes from. I do encourage freedom of expression, however, there are still a few rules, one of them being no personal attacks. An that is a tough call as there may be some personal attacks due to disagreements. However, 90% of his posts were nothing but personal attacks...

who's really paying attention here andrew? i think its you.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Edit: Actually have to hand it to the little guy. In close to 2 years, first person to be deleted.

I'll give you credit for the decision, it's never as easy or as black / white as it appears. "for the greater good". :wink:

Black Phantom

Did you just graduate from moderator school?

158.jpg