A note about our moderators

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

A note about our moderators

I'd just wanted to quickly chime in here about something. There have been a few instances of folks "calling out" or otherwise publicly questioning decisions made by a moderator. Our moderators, at times, truly have a thankless job. In the 7+ years that I've been running this forum, I've learned that you simply cannot please everyone. The best we can do is to try to diffuse situations in a reasonable manner, hopefully for the "greater good" of the community. We have a private forum that is used to discuss issues that come up before any action is taken. Most of the time, if a post is locked, edited or deleted, and certainly in the instance that a member is banned, it's only after we have discussed it at great length and a majority of the moderators are in agreement. So please do not single out a moderator publicly if you have a problem with how something's been handled. More often than not, the whole mod team is on board with the decision. If you truly need to address an issue about the moderating here, please contact any moderator or me directly via private message to discuss.

This forum has been criticised for being over-moderated. I strongly disagree. The fact is very few posts are deleted or edited. The signal to noise ratio here is naturally low, mostly due to our great members that have set a precedence for quality discussion, not over-moderation. Thank you all for your support!

Last edited by Greg; Jul 27, 2006 at 10:30 AM.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Re: A note about our moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    The fact is very few posts are deleted or edited.
    Although it seems quite a few get locked....
    -Woof

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg
    A ha! But yet they are threads I would lock had I the ability to do so.
    ~Rich~

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg
    Sorry about that...

Seriuosly.. this is a chill place..
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

AZ Mods Rock!

Seriusly, I wouldn't categorize AZ as over-moderated. I think the members do a pretty good job of self-moderation, with the board's standards upheld by the mods as needed. As I always (well, sometimes) say, "All things in moderation, including moderation itself."

"The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Yeah, I moderate the amount of moderation I use in a number of areas...

booze, skiing, womens, no common sense, mental capacity, etc. etc.

But I have no problems with the way this place is run and appreciate all your time!

Keep up the good work.

Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Thanks, mods, for all of your tireless and thankless effort! I think this is one of the better boards out there (hence, my participation), fwiw.
    "Im a lot like my Jeep Cherokee: were both green, have lots of mileage, have a number of parts that dont work so well, are usually dirty, and smell bad."

Bump. We had another instance of questioning mods' decisions yesterday so I just wanted to bump this post up.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thumbs up

you cats questionin' and moanin' about the moderators here oughtta check out www.viewsfromthetop.com for some serious anal moderators without one iota of a sense of humor. these guys here are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno
    you cats questionin' and moanin' about the moderators here oughtta check out www.viewsfromthetop.com for some serious anal moderators without one iota of a sense of humor. these guys here are cool.
    Thank you, Bruno............

Thread Information