• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown - 12/27 afternoon

Greg

Staff member
Rain tonight/tomorrow and temps in the 40's on Sunday. Should be soft bumps. I should be there mid-day for an afternoon session.

gmcunni

probably there. was supposed to head north to VT tomorrow for a day but doubt the weather will justify the trip so local this weekend instead.

Grassi21

looking good since i bailed the other night... merry xmas my fellow bump whores.

Madroch

Unlikely, but not impossible- if we make good time on the trip home. Merry X-mas!

Greg

Staff member
Sunday: Rain or drizzle likely before 7am, then a chance of showers between 7am and noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 43. North wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday afternoon should have some epic spring bumps. Slush explosions! :daffy: Good opportunity to ski in several lines. I almost get as excited about these types of days as I do powder days. Get at it before the freeze-up!

powhunter

Mashed Potato explosions!!! I should be there around 12:30....gottta go get some new poles in the am...While I was slipping the bottom line thursday my ski got caught under a chuck of ice, anddown I went somehow bending my pole in half

steveo

Grassi21

might not be able to make it until 2. but i'm trying to get there earlier.

Greg

Staff member
What"s up my fellow bumpers, I might be down tomr. if it"s not worth goin up to the river.

How far of a drive? Don't expect Gunbarrel, but it should be pretty fun. Some low-angle bumps to start with:

Photo-0150.jpg

Looking back up:

Photo-0147.jpg

They then head left in the first pic for a small slightly steeper drop into a flat area:

Photo-0148.jpg

They'll be better than that tomorrow. Then finally another longer section of slightly steeper bumps:

Photo-0149.jpg

That's about it. So nothing like Gunbarrel, but still fun. I think I remember you're about 2 hours away. Probably worth it since you're a bump-head. Anyway, we could use all the rippers we can to get some serious lines skied in before the freeze so you're obviously more than welcome

Not totally sure of my arrival time. We have guests tonight so it depends on when they leave. I think I'll be there anywhere between 11 am and 1 pm..

madriverjack

The drive is about two hours, but I"ll drive where ever the bumps are. It would be a good trip for my first time out this year. I saw the pics and I"m not expecting anything like gunbarrel. Oh ya great job again Sundown.

MogulQueen

Just left Sundown. It was awesome this morning. The snow was soft, the temps were warm and there was NOBODY around! I wish I could have worked on the bumps but I was ripping up the magic carpet with my 2 year old. He loved it! He skied straight for for 2 and half hours. I'm going to try to meet up with you all tomorrow afternoon. What time are you all getting there?

o3jeff

Just left Sundown. It was awesome this morning. The snow was soft, the temps were warm and there was NOBODY around! I wish I could have worked on the bumps but I was ripping up the magic carpet with my 2 year old. He loved it! He skied straight for for 2 and half hours. I'm going to try to meet up with you all tomorrow afternoon. What time are you all getting there?

You just convinced me to get off the couch and head over there shortly.

powhunter

he he he tomorrrows gonna be great!!!!! Some of us will be there at 11..thanks for the report!!

steveo