• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Christmas Week

Trev

I am planning to head up this evening and during the day on Friday, maybe Thursday night, and probably again Sunday night.

Greg

Staff member
I am planning to head up this evening

I'll be out on the hill running drills with the race crew (black and orange jackets). Depending on when we wrap up (given the weather, I suspect we won't go long), I might check out the bumps until closing, but I suspect they will be rock hard and nasty tonight. Good to build character... :lol:

What are you wearing?

Trev

What are you wearing?

Red jacket, Black ski pants.. Black hat n gloves... flip flops

More then likely just doing the 6-10pm ticket tonight.

Edit: I don't believe I gave an honest answer to that question.. it is almost appalling..

Greg

Staff member
Red (some black n white) Jacket, Black ski pants.. Black hat n gloves...

More then likely just doing the 6-10pm ticket tonight.

Edit: I don't believe I gave an honest answer to that question.. it is almost appalling..

Black/orange Sundown race jacket, grey pants, neon green boots, black helmet.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
B is at Sundown now with our daughter and reported he had to park in the aux lot almost as far away as you can get. Must be hopping over there today!

Greg

Staff member
Still aiming for New Year's morning. I like to look at both the Taunton and Albany forecasts for Sundown since it's right on the Litchfield/Hartford county border. Two different forecasts:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...1054688&site=aly&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...2304688&site=aly&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

Both offices hint at around an inch. I still think New Year's morning will be decent, but nothing to rush for or get excited about. Still, we know how much 3" helped those Stinger bumps so an inch or two should make Temptor skiable along with the snow making it got last night, and hopefully more tonight.

bvibert

Staff member
Very busy today. I heard the bumps were decent with the new top coating they got last night, but still pretty firm.

I'm probably bailing on heading over tonight...

Greg

Staff member
Still aiming for New Year's morning. I like to look at both the Taunton and Albany forecasts for Sundown since it's right on the Litchfield/Hartford county border. Two different forecasts:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...1054688&site=aly&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...2304688&site=aly&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

Both offices hint at around an inch. I still think New Year's morning will be decent, but nothing to rush for or get excited about. Still, we know how much 3" helped those Stinger bumps so an inch or two should make Temptor skiable along with the snow making it got last night, and hopefully more tonight.

Nice improvement in the forecasts. albany is calling for a couple, while Taunton has a total of 2-6+ by tomorrow. The bumps will get primed today and hopefully so more snow overnight. Who's gonna kick off the new year with me at the Institution tomorrow? I'll be there at 8 am, probably hungover.

MrMagic

going over today ( this afternoon) hopeing we will have a few inches by then

Greg

Staff member
going over today ( this afternoon) hopeing we will have a few inches by then

I think this afternoon will be really good. Enjoy it and ski in some new lines!

Madroch

Heading over this afternoon with my son... hopefully can convince him to take a few temptor runs if they aren't too slick.