• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you listening to right now?

drjeff

Kenny Chesney's new album "Big Revival" - can't wait until his tour for this album will roll into Gillette Stadium next summer!

WoodCore

Moe.

The 30 minute long Silver Sun>Happy Hour Hero from Bridgeport 9/27 is on repeat.

Puck it

These guys were being played out at the Cisco Brewery last week in Nantucket. Love Canon.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Pretty sweet tune out of Berklee College of Music. This group called Viva La Hop. A sweet mix of jazz, soul, hip-hop, and funk.

They are good. Ever hear of Belizbeha? Band from Burlington from about 20 years ago. They did a lot of the same style back then. (as did the Brand New Heavies, which were a bit more soul and a bit less hip hop, I guess).

(hard to find good quality videos....apologies in advance).

WoodCore

"if you hear someone whispering you're dying....."

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

steamboat1

that takes me back to a winter night at the BOX on the island
Think it was New Years Eve 72/73 in the Felt Forum under Madisin Square Garden when I saw that show. The Felt Forum has the best acoustics of any concert hall I've been to. Saw Mountain many times over the years.

Another nice early Moutain tune.

Last time I saw Leslie & Corky was about 2 years ago at Westbury, LI. West, Bruce. Laing (Jacks son played bass, piano & sang). Corkey gave me a drumstick he used that night with some cool pictures on it, still have it. To bad about Leslie's leg.

Any one who didn't see Felix, Leslie & Corky live doesn't understand. Heck a lot of the young whipper snappers that hang out on here weren't even born yet when this shit was going down

Last edited:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Think it was New Years Eve 72/73 in the Felt Forum under Madisin Square Garden for me. The Felt Forum has the best acoustics of any concert hall I've been to. Saw Mountain many times.

Another nice tune from Woodstock.

Really? I don't like the low ceiling at the Felt. I find it is not kind to acoustics. Ever see a show at Radio City or Carnegie Hall? Now they have good acoustics.

mlctvt

Just saw John Hiatt in Northampton at the Calvin Theater Friday night. Had 2nd row center seats. Great solo acoustic set!

My taste are so mixed. Hiatt is about as far "country" I go. I just can't stand the new country stuff .
I also like Jazz, Punk, New wave / electronica, folk. Popular music not so much.