• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you listening to right now?

dmc

excellent...always in the pocket, turn on a dime

Thats me... I get called "mediocre" by other drummers... But I'm never lacking in gigs.. I never overplay... And ALWAYS come back to the beat on the fill without fail... Unless I'm a bit hammered...

I chose to play in the pocket.. Although I do tend to drop int the Mickey thing and drive the toms in the beat.. Gets the crowd going on songs like Sugar Mags...

dmc

While I have a free period, I have Bela Fleck and Chick Corea on. Seniorita from their new album Enchantment just came up. Nice stuff.

Turned a friend onto Bela this weekend.. Couldn't believe what a monster Victor Wooten is on bass...

Thats me... I get called "mediocre" by other drummers... But I'm never lacking in gigs.. I never overplay... And ALWAYS come back to the beat on the fill without fail... Unless I'm a bit hammered...

I chose to play in the pocket.. Although I do tend to drop int the Mickey thing and drive the toms in the beat.. Gets the crowd going on songs like Sugar Mags...

lemme guess: neil peart wannabes who can do an 'AWESOME SOLO DUUUUDE!!!, but can't hold a solid groove...fakkin music store musicians

mondeo

lemme guess: neil peart wannabes who can do an 'AWESOME SOLO DUUUUDE!!!, but can't hold a solid groove...fakkin music store musicians
Thing about Peart is his chops may be legendary, but what always has amazed me with him is how his backing parts fit so well into what Lee and Lifeson are playing.

Tyler Stewart (BNL) is a great example of a drummer at that never stands out, but does an excellent job backing the band.

BackLoafRiver

I love Dream Theater. I've been on a bit of a "Pull me Under" kick the past two days because of a cover some kids did.
The original:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just got Paul McCartney Wings "Rock Show" Blu-ray in the mail today. I had the VHS for years, followed by a European released DVD. Enjoyed both immensely for a long time. The improvement in video and sound quality with the Blu-ray is stunning. Highly recommend for any fan of Paul.