• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you listening to right now?

ScottySkis

Finally got my hands on the Beatles white album, after mine was stolen about 35 years ago. Damn that is one brilliant album.
Even more so under the influence [emoji2] [emoji41] [emoji41] [emoji41]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jimk

Finally got my hands on the Beatles white album, after mine was stolen about 35 years ago. Damn that is one brilliant album.

Your post made me go check to see if I still had a White Album in a big box of records in a corner of my family room. Yep. I got my copy from my sister in law about 30 years ago. She bought it new probably shortly after it first came out. Her maiden name is written in magic marker on the outside cover. She married my brother in 1974. This copy has a number stamped on it: No. 0553423. It also has original price tag: $5 for the two record set. There is a large poster inside one sleeve with the song lyrics printed on one side and photos of the Beatles on other. Unfortunately, I haven't had the equipment to play vinyl in about 15 years and my old records are gathering dust. My wife wants to trash them. My kids want to sell them for a couple bucks each on craigslist. I won't let them go, but it may be a losing battle.

However, what was just listening to was a very sweet version I found on youtube of the great instrumental Samba Pa Ti by Santana live In Berlin 1987:

bdfreetuna

Ski the East just posted this. The music is "The Night Comes Again" by St. Lucia.

Never heard of this band before but I like the instruments.

ScottySkis

#9 twice today so far playing white Album I should had been born in wrong decade.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
http://youtu.be/kyeYn0IzRCc

Greendale is such an underappreciated work of Neil's.

Really wish i got to see it live. I've got an audience shot video of Greendale live from Australia that I watch frequently. 1980s quality sound and video, but oh so amazing

jimk

Live outdoor performance from about 10 years ago, nouveau Surf Rock band called Los Straitjackets, song is Casbah. Very Pulp Fiction/Quentin Tarantino-ish choreography.
How would you like these guys to play your backyard party:beer: