• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you listening to right now?

jimk

Absolutely killer cover of Stairway to Heaven by Heart at the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors for Led Zeppelin. A string of other fine covers preceded this had already made the Led Zep members emotional. Watch them bring Robert Plant to tears by 6:30 mark. Big kudos to Ann Wilson and awesome choir/arrangement.

yeggous

Today I received word that one of my professor's from grad school passed away after a year and a half long battle with cancer. During that struggle he left his parting gift to the world in the form of his farewell album. Listening to it within this context is chilling. It's all about his own struggle with mortality.
https://sistersadiesfoundry.bandcamp.com/

I knew that this guy was a professional rock musician in a previous career, but didn't realize he would produce something like this.

jimk

One of the greatest music videos of all time, "The Weight" by The Band with a little help from The Staples Singers filmed by Martin Scorsese is exceptional high quality for 1978:
Right at the end Mavis Staples whispers, "beautiful!"

chuckstah

Nice to see Willie is still Alive! Because this thread is so dead I'll share a story from 1984. A High school friend's cousin was in Waylon Jennings band, so ended up in Foxboro, Ma at a concert featuring Neil Young, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and The Band. Back stage passes. Pretty uneventful day early, chilling and watching some good music. I was really there for Neil Young, so when he finally came on we headed onto the side of the stage to watch. We watched a great show from up close, and met a woman hanging out on the side of the stage next to us, holding a baby. We watched the whole show with her, and soon we learned that she was Neil's wife, holding his son. Long story short, when Neil went offstage for his encore he came over to his wife, and she introduced my friend and I to him. Then, he fired up a joint, and shared it with us. Great moment for a couple of recent high school graduates. I wish Willie was around to share in the moment. Setlist from Neil

w/ The International Harvesters
Are You Ready For The Country? / Motor City / Comes A Time / Are There Any More Real Cowboys? / Bound For Glory / Amber Jean / Heart Of Gold / Too Far Gone / Roll Another Number / Southern Pacific / The Needle And The Damage Done / Helpless / California Sunset / It Might Have Been / Razor Love / Flying On The Ground Is Wrong / Soul Of A Woman / Field Of Opportunity / Old Man // Powderfinger / Get Back To The Country / Are You Ready For The Country?

JDMRoma

Nice to see Willie is still Alive! Because this thread is so dead I'll share a story from 1984. A High school friend's cousin was in Waylon Jennings band, so ended up in Foxboro, Ma at a concert featuring Neil Young, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and The Band. Back stage passes. Pretty uneventful day early, chilling and watching some good music. I was really there for Neil Young, so when he finally came on we headed onto the side of the stage to watch. We watched a great show from up close, and met a woman hanging out on the side of the stage next to us, holding a baby. We watched the whole show with her, and soon we learned that she was Neil's wife, holding his son. Long story short, when Neil went offstage for his encore he came over to his wife, and she introduced my friend and I to him. Then, he fired up a joint, and shared it with us. Great moment for a couple of recent high school graduates. I wish Willie was around to share in the moment. Setlist from Neil

w/ The International Harvesters
Are You Ready For The Country? / Motor City / Comes A Time / Are There Any More Real Cowboys? / Bound For Glory / Amber Jean / Heart Of Gold / Too Far Gone / Roll Another Number / Southern Pacific / The Needle And The Damage Done / Helpless / California Sunset / It Might Have Been / Razor Love / Flying On The Ground Is Wrong / Soul Of A Woman / Field Of Opportunity / Old Man // Powderfinger / Get Back To The Country / Are You Ready For The Country?

Wow ! Smoked one with Neil ! Very cool ! Awesome set list, have always been a big Neil Young fan !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone