• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you listening to right now?

steamboat1

Saw these guys way back when at the "Bottom Line" here in NYC. We even had a couple of drinks at the bar with Buddy Miles after the show.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

The Beatles Mary Jane song awesome music. I understand why it was origin aly released though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jimk

I'm only about 15 years and 75 mil views behind the rest of youse. But this strikes me at times as a pretty fun song/video:

steamboat1

These guys have been around for nearly 50 years (longer if you count Vanilla Fudge). Bet cha most of you never heard of them.

They're playing down here in NYC Sept 14 at BB Kings.

Last edited:

jimk

Stoked. Just scored two tics that were released for sold out show in my neck of the woods this Sunday, 7/17/16:
WHEELS OF SOUL 2016 TOUR
TEDESCHI TRUCKS BAND
LOS LOBOS
NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS

B. B. won't be there this time:( But coincidentally, my wife and I saw him at same venue we're going to Sunday (Wolftrap) 30+ years ago. I think Derek Trucks is one of the best blues/slide/rock/whatever guitarists of his generation.

jimk

Last night, 7/17/16, I saw the Tedeschi Trucks Band here in Northern Virginia. Funny enough they had just played Gilford, NH the night before. Did any of you New Englanders get to see them? I love me some good electric guitar music and after following Derek Trucks on youtube for 10-15 years I finally got to see him in the flesh... a world class talent, a real powerhouse when he gets into a long solo. I have attended quite a few live concerts in recent years, but me being a geezer, it's often for "oldies" bands. This group was different, left my wife and I with a dang good ringing in our ears for the rest of the night:grin: from serious high energy rock and roll. We both enjoyed seeing a group most definitely in ascendancy. Susan Tedeschi can belt 'em out with the best of them and after one tune I yelled at my wife, "these guys are singing and playing their a$$es off. I don't know if this group will ever have breakthrough nationwide hit tunes, but they are great in somewhat the jam-band tradition.
There were three bands on the bill, North Mississippi Allstars, Los Lobos, and Tedeschi Trucks Band appearing in that order, but there were several sit-ins throughout the night as the bands intermingled. I had never seen Los Lobos and really enjoyed them too. They are a veteran LA rock band with heavy Mexican influences in their music. I knew it was going to be a great concert when members of all three bands combined for Los Lobos last song in their set, a smoking hot jam called Mas y Mas. The full Tedeschi Trucks Band had yet to take the stage.

Later David Hildago of Los Lobos joined Tedeschi Trucks for the old Allman Bros tune Don't Keep Me Wondering. I saw the original Allman Bros in concert around 1973 and possibly heard them play this tune then:-o I found a video of the same performance of this tune I saw last night here:

Set lists and more videos from last night: http://www.jambase.com/article/tedeschi-trucks-band-los-lobos-swap-sit-ins-wolf-trap-virginia

jimk

Here is my favorite Los Lobos tune from the concert. They had been blasting some rock and roll and then played a real atmospheric change of pace tune called Kiko and the Lavender Moon. This performance is from a couple years ago, but sounds very similar to the version I heard last night with cool accordian accompanyment:

Last edited:

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Corelli's Trio Sonatas, paired with a Gurkha Hudson Bay robusto, a glass of Chianti, and a few pages of Guy Kawasaki's "Enchantment" on leadership. A fine Sunday evening, indeed!