What music are you listening to right now? - Page 54

AlpineZone

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    RIP Greg

https://youtu.be/jhXj6VIgJtE

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Nice.
    I have been listening to far too much ABB lately. Here is a very high quality video from a 2014 ABB performance of Whipping Post.
    Gregg in fine singing form. Derek Trucks does awesome guitar work from about 2-5mins. Warren Haynes very nice as well around 8-10mins. This is from the last year they all performed together. All I can say is this latter day incarnation of the band was really tight and excellent to the end. Adds something big to Gregg Allman's legacy that he cleaned up and rode a beautiful resurgence with this line-up.

A Chilean artist . A freind from the Craig Thatcher Band is touring with Him in Chile

Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    Nice.
    I have been listening to far too much ABB lately. Here is a very high quality video from a 2014 ABB performance of Whipping Post.
    Gregg in fine singing form. Derek Trucks does awesome guitar work from about 2-5mins. Warren Haynes very nice as well around 8-10mins. This is from the last year they all performed together. All I can say is this latter day incarnation of the band was really tight and excellent to the end. Adds something big to Gregg Allman's legacy that he cleaned up and rode a beautiful resurgence with this line-up.
    Jim,

We were lucky enough to catch the ABB 3 times their last summer of playing. Once atMountain Jam at Hunter Mtn. NY in June and later that summer they played 2 days in a row at the Peach Festival at Montage Mtn, PA. You are right, they sounded great!
    form is a 4 letter word

I only caught ABB a few times during the Derek era. I did see them a whole bunch from 92-97 during the Allen Woody era. When he and Warren left to do Mule full time, I somewhat lost interest and did even more so when Dickey was fired. As much as I knew he was a drunk a-hole and probably deserved the boot, he's right there with Greg and Duane in what I think of as the true ABB sound. The shows I did catch with Derek were fantastic, but I always missed Dickey's vocals.

I only saw ABB once, 1975. Saw Haynes and Derek Trucks separately in modern times.

I was skiing in Utah in Jan 2017 and didn't hear until months later that longtime ABB drummer Butch Trucks had committed suicide by gunshot to head. I listened to his wife's eulogy recently. Wow, tragic. Listen around 9:30-11:30 in this video:
    She talks some powerful stuff, about how after the ABB's final performances in 2014 Butch became morose. He'd sit for hours, day after day watching ABB dvds and music. He talked incessantly of Duane Allman, a messianic figure to Butch. He credited Duane for the way of life he enjoyed. Wife grew angry with Butch's seclusion in his man cave. He had lost interest in all other hobbies/pursuits. Then she realized this was his mourning period. He was grieving for the death of the band and music he loved and the only life he had ever known.

I used to live in Worthington MA so it's cool to hear a song about the town
    2016/2017: * = powder day
    Berkshire East [January 16, February 10]
    Bolton Valley [January 1, February 5*, February 19]
    Burke [December 17*, January 28*]
    Heavenly [March 5*, March 11]
    Jay Peak [January 29*, April 9]
    Jiminy Peak [November 26]
    Killington [December 4, December 10, April 8*, April 15]
    Kirkwood [March 8]
    Mad River Glen [February 25]
    Magic [February 13*]
    Mt Rose [March 7*]
    Mountain Snow [April 3]
    Northstar [March 10]
    Okemo [November 23]
    Pico [January 7*, February 18, March 19]
    Smuggler’s Notch [January 22]
    Stratton [February 4]
    Stowe [January 21]
    Sugarbush [January 2]
    Telluride [March 27, March 28*]
    Whiteface [February 12]

This is one geezer who can still play in 2017!

Thread Information