• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 1/30/2010

bigbog

As much as I'd like some new skis...these Vertigo G3s have their place, at one time or another, in a NewEngland winter...:roll:
Will get down there some year...

Last edited:

2knees

He did bow out originally, but added himself onto the roll call recently...

it was a bit misleading. go and look, he added himself under the shopping for dresses category.

(ladies lingerie)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
it was a bit misleading. go and look, he added himself under the shopping for dresses category.

(ladies lingerie)

Yea had to bail on this one....My boss is away and Im off the following week (epic N-Vt Tour)

steveo
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I haven't had more than 5 hours of sleep/night for the last 3 nights so my brain is a little fuzzy right now. :oops:

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
I skied the bumps today. They are firm, but you can still get an edge in so they are skiable. As Chris said, they will be blowing snow on them Thursday night and all Friday, so it will soften them a bit. There is a nice line going down skiers right, but the left line kinda sucks. I also noticed that they have begun working on the kickers. The one for skiers right is placed fairly well, but the one on skiers left sucks. There is no line leading up to it. I did talk to Chris about moving it closer to the other line and he said he will tell Jarrod. Hope they can make it happen, but I don't know the mechanics of moving a kicker. Even it is not perfect, I'm looking forward to it. It will be good times!!!!!!!!!!!!

those are there as a base... built during the great flood of monday... while snow guns are going we'll create our final draft of air bumps.

powbmps

Sorry to hijack the Bump or Bust thread but........Severine, where'd that avatar of yours go?

Madroch

On the fence... will be a gametime decision... got stuff Friday night (no practice), and Sat. evening (cub scouts). If I think I can squeeze it in, will do, if not, still enough time to shop for dresses.

Greg

Staff member
those are there as a base... built during the great flood of monday... while snow guns are going we'll create our final draft of air bumps.

I might be on the hill on Friday. Not that I really know what the hell I'm talking about, but perhaps I can annoyingly critique your progress. Just remember, lots of "pop" and a smooth approach and landing. Us posers need it as forgiving as possible to pull off our cheeseball spread eagles and dumper airs... :oops: :spread:

SkiDork

re: building the course:

What exactly do you hand shovel? Just the kicker entry and exit? Or all the bumps as well?

Greg

Staff member
re: building the course:

What exactly do you hand shovel? Just the kicker entry and exit? Or all the bumps as well?

Last year, the jumps and a few of the gnarley troughs/wall bumps. There should be plenty of snow by Saturday so the ripper traffic will probably ski in the lines pretty much, but there might be some hand manicuring that needs to happen. Anyone expecting a perfect left-right course is going to be surprised. It's short and not all that steep, but it should be pretty challenging.

MogulQueen

Nice. I am no expert at jump building or jumping for that matter, I just was making a suggestion. The skiers right seems good. The skiers left just needs to shift over a few feet closer to the other kicker. Let me know if you need help on Friday and I can try to make myself available. Thanks for all of your attention to our course!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Jarrod will post some more detailed info on Saturday soon.
Just a reminder, Helmets are required.
Pitcher’s of Thomas Hooker Blonde $11.00 on Saturday.

MR. evil

Can us in the 'one and done' group bring chairs and refreshments to the bottom of temptor?

2knees

blonde hookers.....mmmmm

you entering this year?

i think you should support your own events, its the right thing to do!