• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

CW-X Men's 3/4 Insulator Expert Tight $49

trtaylor

hmmm. i'm only 5'7". the medium would be ideal for height... but i am at the high end of the weight scale for a large. what to do...
SizingChartSquare_Men.png

bigbog

Kudos for the sizing table trtaylor...
Glenn, Two options that I often have to take as well...
1) Some online dealers(backcountry.com...etc) only stock the standard sizings, so it often takes a little hunting.
2) Often...most materials can be cut and resewn to shorten...keeping the calf width normal without the folding(ie constriction)...?
*Often finding a wide elastic material to sew onto the ends of the legs makes them more comfortable as well...in addition to preserving the shortened/cut ends, making it all possible.
$.01

Last edited:

Glenn

I hope I'm not jinxing myself...

I've actually had really good luck with tucking these into my boots. They're tight enough, so the don't bunch up or deform during the day. There's nothing worse than something bunched in your boot....you feel it every turn you make. Anyways, I'm able to pull my ski socks over them and I'm good to go.

wa-loaf

Kudos for the sizing table trtaylor...
Glenn, Two options that I often have to take as well...
1) Some online dealers(backcountry.com...etc) only stock the standard sizings, so it often takes a little hunting.
2) Often...most materials can be cut and resewn to shorten...keeping the calf width normal without the folding(ie constriction)...?
*Often finding a wide elastic material to sew onto the ends of the legs makes them more comfortable as well...in addition to preserving the shortened/cut ends, making it all possible.
$.01

That's why the 3/4 length is good, no need for any alterations or bunching. More companies are offering these now.

I haven't gotten a shipping notice from them yet. Gonna call this morning to see what's up ...

wa-loaf

Please report back. I am on the fence on this purchase.

I'm not so happy with them. I need the XL because I'm 5'9" and 200+. This makes them long on me and they won't stay in position properly.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'm not so happy with them. I need the XL because I'm 5'9" and 200+. This makes them long on me and they won't stay in position properly.

I'm short for mine, too, but they still are better than without. I know it's funny for you guys, but you can pull up the waist higher than you normally wear your pants. Will help support your back then, too.

o3jeff

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I have these http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/CW-X-Stabilyx-Tight-Mens/CWX0039M.html?CMP_ID=PD_GOO001&CP=Google&CMP=KNC-Google&mv_pc=r101&gcid=S2000x134&keyword=&s_kwcid=TC|5484|cw%20x%20mens%20stabilyx%20tights||S|b|4850926005(got them off of SAC last spring). I'm 5-8 and 180 lbs and got the smalls and they fit me perfect. FYI these things are suppose to fit fairly tight and as Sev said earlier they will look real small until you put them on.
That's a point, too. If you're having a hard time getting them to stay in place, they just might be too big in the size you ordered.

wa-loaf

That's a point, too. If you're having a hard time getting them to stay in place, they just might be too big in the size you ordered.

I got the insulated ones so they are heavier than the standard ones. I pull them up as far as I can and I still need to pull up slack to get the knees in the correct spot. I think I just need to loose weight and get smaller ones! :lol:

Grassi21

well based on this feedback i should try to squeeze my ass in a M. but of course they don't have a M on that link.... :-(

o3jeff

well based on this feedback i should try to squeeze my ass in a M. but of course they don't have a M on that link.... :-(

I wouldn't go bigger than M for you. Just watch Tramdock and SAC, I paid $21 for mine last Feb and from looking at the link I posted they still have a lot in stock.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I got the insulated ones so they are heavier than the standard ones. I pull them up as far as I can and I still need to pull up slack to get the knees in the correct spot. I think I just need to loose weight and get smaller ones! :lol:
Not such a bad problem to be not-fat-enough for the size you bought. ;) Though after paying $10 for shipping, sucks to send them back.

Mine are starting to wear out after frequent use and I don't want to buy new ones until I'm in the next smaller size.

ETA: BTW, here's an easier to read chart from backcountry.com on sizing:
http://www.backcountry.com/store/si...WX0033&pg_id=100000113&subcat_id=36&cat_id=12

wa-loaf

Not such a bad problem to be not-fat-enough for the size you bought. ;) Though after paying $10 for shipping, sucks to send them back.

Mine are starting to wear out after frequent use and I don't want to buy new ones until I'm in the next smaller size.

ETA: BTW, here's an easier to read chart from backcountry.com on sizing:
http://www.backcountry.com/store/si...WX0033&pg_id=100000113&subcat_id=36&cat_id=12

No, too fat and too short. These insulated ones are not as stretchy as you guys are describing for yours.