• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

CW-X Men's 3/4 Insulator Expert Tight $49

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
No, too fat and too short. These insulated ones are not as stretchy as you guys are describing for yours.
Never said mine were really stretchy; I can't pull up the cuffs on my full-length ones like Jeff can. I feel like a sausage wearing them, too. But they do help, even if the knees aren't always lined up perfectly.

You're 5'9" and in the XL? Yeah, that's probably not helping. I'm only short by a bit more than an inch for the size I'm in.

If you guys can get the sizing to work out, though, it'll be worth it.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Shall we start posting pics for reference?

I'm game for looking at pics of you guys in your CW-X.
eyebrows.gif

Grassi21

Hasn't Grassi already modeled his long underwear for you in the lodge somewehere?

You should have seen the scene in the bar with Brian, Shannon, and the guy who runs racing.... I know Brian gave me the WTF look? :lol:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Well they kept me warm enough out there today. 15F out with 20+mph winds at the summit. As to their "conditioning" effects, well the jury is still out on that one. My legs aren't as sore as I though they would be, but I was skiing really well today.

bvibert

Staff member
I used mine for the first time tonight too. I was worried they would be too insulated for normal use for me, but they were way less insulated than I thought they would be. I normally use lightweight synthetic bottoms at the most under my uninsulated ski pants and these felt about the same warmth wise. The fit seemed pretty good for me, if anything they are a little too short, the bottom of the legs were creeping up into my knee a bit.

Still not sure about the conditioning effects, I was exactly charging hard for the 2 hours I was out, so it's hard to say.

kbuzz

My two cents after trying them for a pretty hard weak out west is that the do work-somewhat. The waist pull and lining up with the knee thing is a bit of a drag.

Id be interested in opinions on the cwx v skins. Whether they are worth the 100 bucks is a value question that is probably an individual choice

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
i don't pay for base layers, i win them :razz:
...from someone named skidmarks. I think I'll pass. ;)
Saturday I wore my CW-X with a pair of fleece pajama bottoms over them and snow pants and was sweating pretty good.
Trying to be like the cool kids? Will you be heading to the mall in your pajama bottoms next? :p

I had my CW-X 3/4 Stabilyx + a pair of insulated running tights + non-insulated ski pants. Seemed redundant but it worked pretty well.