• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gearburger.com

deadheadskier

Staff member
As a moderator, I do have the ability to delete this thread. It might be in my best interest as I really should not buy the Fischer Progressors I want until summer 2011 and this thread is quite the enabler. ;)

BeanoNYC

Hey listen to this. I just got finished speaking with a "gearhead" from Backcountry.com. If you were to buy something on backcountry and it turns up on sac, tramdock or whiskeymilitia within 30 days, they will refund you the difference! You just have to give them a buzz.

wa-loaf

Hey listen to this. I just got finished speaking with a "gearhead" from Backcountry.com. If you were to buy something on backcountry and it turns up on sac, tramdock or whiskeymilitia within 30 days, they will refund you the difference! You just have to give them a buzz.

Gonna roll the dice on the Watea's then?

bvibert

Staff member

Wow, that's good to know! Still kind of a gamble though...

BeanoNYC

Thinking about it....I'd like to have them mounted and ready for a Stowe trip at the end of the month. They're 400 on Backcountryoutlet as of now.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Thanks! Good to know!

I've been watching for you, BTW...but it's back to hauling kids around this week so I'm not at the computer nearly as much. ;)

BeanoNYC

Thanks! Good to know!

I've been watching for you, BTW...but it's back to hauling kids around this week so I'm not at the computer nearly as much. ;)

Thanks...I'll let you know if I decide to buy them from the outlet. Then if they come around, all I have to do is note when they came up.

wa-loaf

I'm back to being chained to my desk. I'll prob see them if they come up during working hours.

WJenness

That's just dirty...

And cruel...

Sigh... they are so good ad removing money from my wallet. (And making me enjoy every second of it).

-w

BeanoNYC

Alright...I took the bait. Bought the Watea 84s for 400 (fair price outright) and will keep my fingers crossed that they will pop up on Tramdock within the next month. If anyone sees them please note the day/time and be sure that it was the 84s in 176 length.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Alright...I took the bait. Bought the Watea 84s for 400 (fair price outright) and will keep my fingers crossed that they will pop up on Tramdock within the next month. If anyone sees them please note the day/time and be sure that it was the 84s in 176 length.

Will do! If that's the route you're doing, though, you could always check the forum on here where the deals post automatically. Scan through it daily to see if the Wateas show up on the list.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

wa-loaf

If you have them up as a search on Gearburglar won't that tell you if they show up on SAC?

BeanoNYC

Good point Sev. Yes, I would get an email from Gearburglar, but I'm crossing all my Ts and dotting all my Is.

BeanoNYC

Boards and bindings are at the LSS getting mounted! Pick em up on Friday. Hoped that the wateas would turn up today with SAC's ski gear promotion but no such luck.

BeanoNYC

Thanks to Jens, Gearburger and Dealdroid, I managed to win on this gamble. I called and got the price adjustment to $249. Can you believe that? $249 for a pair of Wateas! Thanks again to Wa-Loaf!

Last edited: