• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smartwool Ultra Light? Any left out there?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Striking out and I'm in need a few pairs. If they truly are 'gone forever' can anyone recommend the next best thing?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Check TJMaxx. Found some there, as well as some Spyder Ultra Light socks for B and Bridgedale Ultra Light socks for me. I preferred the wool in Smartwool, but at least they're super thin socks for cheap.

And Jeff is right... Smartwool revamped the line and the new versions are all PhD, which is pricier.

If your sizing falls in line, here's a clearance option:
http://alpinewarehouse.com/catalog/...ht_sock_mens?gclid=CNO117LDiZ8CFc5L5QodPg9ZJA

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wait a minute. Are you suggesting I actually go into a STORE to find socks? *shudders*

:lol:

mondeo

Hot Chilis ultra lights are thinner than the Smartwools, and pretty warm. But they're enough thinner that it throws the fit of my boot off, makes it feel like I'm swimming in them.