• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Facebook Twitter shares.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Are you guys serious? Click the link on a thread and it will post the thread to your facebook page. I posted my Cannon TR just to see if it worked. You can be my friends to see if you want. :p
Yeah I'm serious, I'm over 50, we live and die by email. Facebook is quite foreign to us and my generation doesn't do much socializing with it.

Thanks for confirming what I thought - it posts to your own facebook page.

gmcunni

Yeah I'm serious, I'm over 50, we live and die by email. Facebook is quite foreign to us and my generation doesn't do much socializing with it.

i'm 45 so we're in the same generation. i think u'd be surprised at how many people our age, and older, are on FB and having a great time with it.

gmcunni

Are you guys serious? Click the link on a thread and it will post the thread to your facebook page. I posted my Cannon TR just to see if it worked. You can be my friends to see if you want. :p

i figured something like that.. i've linked my youtube and vimeo accounts to facebook and they show up when i post or "like" a video.

what's the benefit to AZ here.. will this draw more people to alpinezone.com??? or is it justa cool toy Greg turned on?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
i'm 45 so we're in the same generation. i think u'd be surprised at how many people our age, and older, are on FB and having a great time with it.
Same gen? I'm 54. I would be suprised. I suspect you run in very different social circles than I. I personally know hundreds of people who are not comfortable with Facebook. While I have an account, I can't ever imagine posting my daily, living breathing life details online for all to see. We even still write letters, use stamps and even use correct grammar! :)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Same gen? I'm 54. I would be suprised. I suspect you run in very different social circles than I. I personally know hundreds of people who are not comfortable with Facebook. While I have an account, I can't ever imagine posting my daily, living breathing life details online for all to see. We even still write letters, use stamps and even use correct grammar! :)

My mom is 52, her friends are around her age (as well as her sisters), and all of them LOVE Facebook.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
My mom is 52, her friends are around her age (as well as her sisters), and all of them LOVE Facebook.
OK, so that takes the sample size up to 10, 20 or 30? Still a small sample size in my book! :wink:
p.s., my sister is the only sibling using the internet and she uses it to read emails about once a month. I know hundreds of people like that.

wa-loaf

i figured something like that.. i've linked my youtube and vimeo accounts to facebook and they show up when i post or "like" a video.

what's the benefit to AZ here.. will this draw more people to alpinezone.com??? or is it justa cool toy Greg turned on?

You post your trips or gear reviews on facebook, maybe some of your friends check it out and join AZ ... also just an easy way to share the same info with more people from your standpoint.