• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Magic trip

Which day works best for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2knees

I really want to do the 9th, it's my bday.

then go, i can practically guarantee you'll be the only skier there. not figuratively, but literally.

make sure to post up a nice tr too. it should be epic.

madskier6

I'm in for this one. I voted for Friday but I could probably make Saturday if that is the eventual winner. Definitely looking forward to skiing Magic with the AZ crew!

Beetlenut

I'm in for this one. I voted for Friday but I could probably make Saturday if that is the eventual winner. Definitely looking forward to skiing Magic with the AZ crew!

Good deal Jeff. Looking forward to skiing with you. Where you been lately anyway?

madskier6

Good deal Jeff. Looking forward to skiing with you. Where you been lately anyway?

Just been busy with work & family commitments. Gone skiing 7 days so far this season, all at Berkshire East. I still lurk here at AZ quite a bit but don't always post like I used to. There's been a lot of bitching going on & I usually don't get involved with all that.

Looking forward to skiing with you too Beetlenut.

Beetlenut

Just been busy with work & family commitments. Gone skiing 7 days so far this season, all at Berkshire East. I still lurk here at AZ quite a bit but don't always post like I used to. There's been a lot of bitching going on & I usually don't get involved with all that.

Looking forward to skiing with you too Beetlenut.

Word!

2knees

alright, i'm going to break this tie and say saturday feb 13th. Anyone even remotely interested should show so we can help out the best mtn in vermont that needs help. this place is the bomb and the az community can and should do its part. If you havent been, this is a great opportunity.

come on people, show up.

magic stoke

Grassi21

i'm out for saturday. :-( but after skiing tues, wed, thurs, and fri i will need a day off.

jrmagic

I was going to head up there on Sunday for the whole week but if the AZ crew is gonna head there on Saturday I think I shoudl be able to get there a day early.

As to the crowds.... with only 1 lift running to the top you might have a couple of longer waits but nothing ridiculous. If they have both lifts turning it will be no more than 5 minutes wait even right after lunch. 10:30 to 12:00 and then 2:00 to 2:00 are the worst lines.

wa-loaf

Anyone planning on spending the night near the mtn? I'd like to drive up Fri night if possible. Maybe share a room or something?

2knees

i'm open for something as i think grassi and crew arent planning on skiing saturday. I currently will be in vermont but have no lodging. I may have a crash pad in killington but that wouldnt make sense for you probably.

deadheadskier

Staff member
((((snow)))))

really hope this still comes together. Any beta on how Magic weathered things on Monday?

2knees

((((snow)))))

really hope this still comes together. Any beta on how Magic weathered things on Monday?

i wasnt even gonna bring that up at this point.

obviously, if things dont improve between now and then, we may have to reconsider but i'd hold out hope since its still 3 weeks away.

jrmagic

I'm still waiting to hear back from my friend who is a local but I will be up there with the kids this weekend and can provide an update. that said no matter how good they came through, it will require more snow to make it a worthwhile trip for you guys.

WA - Depending on how much or little you want to spend for a room I can give you some reccomendations.