• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Owl's Head 1/11/10

skibum9995

Summits: Owl's Head
Trails: Lincoln Woods, Black Pond, Lincoln Brook, Black Pond & Brutus bushwhacks
Distance: 16ish? mi
Elevation: 2850 ft

After all the traffic this route saw this weekend, I figured this would be a great time to hit Owl's Head. The trails are all in great shape and very well packed. I barebooted until the climb on the Brutus BW got steep. I opted for snowshoes at that point, but light traction would have been fine also. The bushwhack is braided in a couple spots, stay to the uphill route like mentioned in a previous report to avoid a ledgy section. The trail is broken all the way to the new summit. I made it to the summit in just under 4 hours, and back out in 3, beating my previous winter time by just over a hour. If you need Owl's Head, get yourself out there soon, it wont get any better than this.

skibum9995

yeah, you skiing this year? :)
Not much, couldn't afford a pass so I'm hitting up cheap days here and there. The lack of a real job is catching up with me, and hiking is free, so I'm making a run at tagging all 48 NH 4ks this winter.

Mike P.

I should have stayed in better shape this winter ! @#@&^(%sc Owl's head would have been nice to knock off.

Getting back into it slowly but this winter looks like Cabot, Whiteface & likely Passaconaway. (the last two on seperate trips)