• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Longest you've had a vehicle in the shop for a mechanical reason?

Edd

I wouldn't go to Jiffy Lube if the oil change was free

I went there one time. While changing my oil they called me over to my car and showed me my air filter. They said it was dirty and should be changed. I said "no" in a half a second. I'm no mechanic, but I know a dirty air filter when I see one. I've never gone back.

WJenness

Me neither (I do my own), but making them throw it in just for the hell of it gives you a good negotiating point that you could let go of in a 'comprimise'

-w

ctenidae

I used to go when I had my old S-10 pickup, because they could never figure out how to get to teh access door behind the front wheel to reach the oil filter, and they'd bust the 30 minutes or it's free (or whatever it was) promo. So, I went because it was free, and I could generally fix whatever they might mess up.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Haven't heard back from my counter offer. I'd be surprised if they don't take it. I highly doubt they send the moron manager into the courtroom to defend himself. Not sure what their lawyer would charge.

campgottagopee

DH--we're any of those parts on backorder??? If not, I'm guessin' somebody forgot to order something.....not that anything like that has ever happened here be4:oops: