• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PortSports Social Club

wa-loaf

Their posts have little price tags on them. Does that mean they are approved spam? Seems to me we should separate the commercial trips into their own subforum from the member trips.

Greg

Staff member
Little price tags? We have no affiliation with them.

bvibert

Staff member
The tag icon means that they associated tags with their posts.

Their threads are kind of spammy IMHO, but they are on topic, and may be useful to some members. It's kind of a gray area I guess...

wa-loaf

Thing is if you let them post then, maybe BSC comes in a wants to post their trips. And the equivalent in NY. Or shops, etc ... It could quickly crowd out the member posted trips. I think it's useful, but should have it's own place.

Greg

Staff member
Thing is if you let them post then, maybe BSC comes in a wants to post their trips. And the equivalent in NY. Or shops, etc ... It could quickly crowd out the member posted trips. I think it's useful, but should have it's own place.

Something to consider if the amount of such threads warrants it. Not a problem right now.

Website
www.portsportsmaine.com
If we may chime in to discuss...

We are Dave and Morgan and run PortSports.

We were not trying to Spam. I think the spammy nature of the posts came from not knowing how your forums work and not reading all of the sticky threads which was ignorant and we apologize.

We are also very open to people talking to us about how things run on these forums. We don't want to step on any toes.

I think we all have the same mission which is furthering the sport.

While we are similar to BSSC and other companies. This is also our first season. Compared to 40 years. We are just trying to get the word out to the people in the Portland Area that can benefit from our trips. There is a surprising lack of a cohesive ski community in Portland Maine.

If there is some way that you would like us to conduct our posts feel free to contact us anytime.

Hope this clears things up a bit.